Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my RGS has premier shocks.

my problem is that i am fat and with my leathers and weighing the saddlebags the total weight to 152 kilos (0ver 350 lbs).

needless to say i bottom out going over a matchstick, even when the preload is set to max.

has anyone tried putting a stronger spring into the standard premier suspension??

Any thoughts..

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
The problem is you have the 12 low shocks... you can either get the 13 inch... or go aftermarket, maybe a 13.5 that will give you more travel and have them setup for your weight. Heavy springs valving etc. several companies out there ... ohlin, pro- action, progressive etc... give em a call... you're not going to get anywhere with what you have unfortunately. Look in the forum sponsors area ... should have something there...

·
Registered
958 Posts
I have SuperShox 14" Premium - great product - great ride - and as already mentioned you can only expect so much from a 12" shock - don't know why HD used it on the glides should never have gone below the 13" - the SuperShox Premium does not change the road height - it adds and extension, giving you the 14" of travel that two inches makes a lot of difference - I had the same problem as you are having - it cleared up completely with them.....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
my RGS has premier shocks.

my problem is that i am fat and with my leathers and weighing the saddlebags the total weight to 152 kilos (0ver 350 lbs).

needless to say i bottom out going over a matchstick, even when the preload is set to max.

has anyone tried putting a stronger spring into the standard premier suspension??

Any thoughts..
'Have the HD Premium stuff Front & 12"Rear on "The Short Bus" we weigh in at 420lbs + gear, do not bottom out very much at all, preload on shocks is not maxed out...

Maybe something is wrong / worn out with your suspension??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts