Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to beat this Yaffe handlebar thing to death, but could you guys please post some pics of your Monkey Bars preferably 10 or 12''. Thank you. I am trying to decide between 12 and 10''. I am leaning toward the 12s but I can never find a pic that is labeled with the size, therefore I can never get my mind made up.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hate to beat this Yaffe handlebar thing to death, but could you guys please post some pics of your Monkey Bars preferably 10 or 12''. Thank you. I am trying to decide between 12 and 10''. I am leaning toward the 12s but I can never find a pic that is labeled with the size, therefore I can never get my mind made up.
All my customers have told me they run a bit tall. I don't run them so I can't help with pics.

Drew

·
Registered
76 Posts

10 inch Yaffe OEM Monkey's laying on top of the stock bars. When they are on the bike they look 4 or 5 inches taller when they are about 2 really. The shape of the bars make them look MUCH taller when mounted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
13" monkey bars

I know they are not 12 but check out my album pics of my bike and my buddies bike. They both are 13" and are an awesome size.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Stock bars are 8 inches tall so you are right. However the 4 inches makes a huge difference in appearance. Go for the 12 you'll love them.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all the input. I am starting to think that the 10s maybe about right height for me. However, I dont want to get them and wish I had gone bigger. Still trying to decide. Also I cant seem to find the 12s anywhere for sale except direct from Yaffe. They have 10s on Ebay for $350 with free shipping.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I appreciate all the input. I am starting to think that the 10s maybe about right height for me. However, I dont want to get them and wish I had gone bigger. Still trying to decide. Also I cant seem to find the 12s anywhere for sale except direct from Yaffe. They have 10s on Ebay for $350 with free shipping.
How tall are you? When I put on a Dress shirt, L/S, I get a 38" sleeve if not longer 38-1/2" if I can find it. I was thinkn that I should of went w/a 12" BUT,... I just adj. my 10"s up about a 1" or 2.I had them lined up w/forks. I am content for now. Call Yaffe and talk to him,he should advice ya correctly. 10" bars are VERY COMFY and show ALOT of ATTITUDE! and they do measure out a little taller than actually 10", if I'm measuring correctly.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am 6'2 with monkey arms. Thats why I am going with these bars, hehe. Neano- would you rather have the 12s if you could switch out right now for free and clear? If I ride with my hands on top of the mirrors with the stock setup it feels perfect for me. Do the 10s put your hands in that area if adjusted more upright? Thanks again to everybody, couldnt decide without all the input.
Dr. V-Twin- Do you carry these bars?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I am 6'2 with monkey arms. Thats why I am going with these bars, hehe. Neano- would you rather have the 12s if you could switch out right now for free and clear? If I ride with my hands on top of the mirrors with the stock setup it feels perfect for me. Do the 10s put your hands in that area if adjusted more upright? Thanks again to everybody, couldnt decide without all the input.
Dr. V-Twin- Do you carry these bars?
I think w/your hands on top of the mirrors, w/the 10" bars they will be a little higher than that. No I would not switch my bars free and clear for a set of 12". Unless I could switch back if I didnt like-m. 10" bars are nite and day difference from stock. This is the first set of Apes I've ever owned. Chainsaw needs to chime in here. He's the X-pert w/ APES! lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts