Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this on their RGS? I emailed Progressive and their reply was they heard it fits but cannot be sure. I am stunned that Progressive has not confirmed this. If you look at their website, they do not have any fitment details on the 2015.

Help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I spoke with Progressive as well. Their engineers confirmed I'm good to go for a 1" or 2" drop with this kit. I'll be picking it up next week while away with work and installing the following week, prob around May 4th. I can let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. Can you also confirm that the part number is 31-4001

you made my day. I truly want the monotube even though the 2015 stock front forks are really pretty good. The rear stock shocks are awesome too but I do have the Ohlins, so I will be going with the Ohlins when I get the monotubes in.

I will be bugging you n 2 weeks time... :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too. I am sure it will. The 14 & 15s are the same bikes, so I do not understand why Progressive is not diligently confirming/updating their info.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Black out front end kit is back ordered so I've got to wait a few weeks to go ahead with the install. I'm wondering if I should go with a 1" or a 2" drop...especially since I will be using the stock 19" wheel for a month or two.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave up on your update and ordered the monotube. I would go 1" and no more. I had the 1" drop monotube on 2010 and had issues at times with cornering clearance.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
After riding with monotube in my 12 RG for a few years and now riding my 15 with stock set up, I must say that the RGS really doesn't need it unless you're looking to lower the front end. JMO Good luck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
After riding with monotube in my 12 RG for a few years and now riding my 15 with stock set up, I must say that the RGS really doesn't need it unless you're looking to lower the front end. JMO Good luck.
The only thing I did that was beneficial was to change to the heavier SE fork oil. I am a big guy, (6'1" 360 lbs) and thought the front was a bit soft for my liking with the lighter weight oil.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My monotube's showed up yesterday, I hope to have them installed on Monday. I have a 21 inch wheel, so I'm going to go with the 2 inch drop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Monotubes 31-4001

Should be getting my JRi 12" rear shocks in a day or two and want to go with the Progressive Monotube on the front to lower it, and to get rid of the nose dive.

I'd love to hear what people think of them. And can you really drop it 2" I'm short so the 1" in drop with the JRi's will help, but I want to drop the front too.

I'm looking at ordering them on Amazon. The price fluctuates from $375 to $399.

Got a "Reach" seat and installed it, and love it.

Once I do the front and rear suspension, I will probably be done for awhile.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Should be getting my JRi 12" rear shocks in a day or two and want to go with the Progressive Monotube on the front to lower it, and to get rid of the nose dive.

I'd love to hear what people think of them. And can you really drop it 2" I'm short so the 1" in drop with the JRi's will help, but I want to drop the front too.

I'm looking at ordering them on Amazon. The price fluctuates from $375 to $399.

Got a "Reach" seat and installed it, and love it.

Once I do the front and rear suspension, I will probably be done for awhile.
Ride quality is minor improvement to me, but decreased nose dive is much improved. I lowered mine 1" with the 21" tire. I have considered dropping it to 2", but haven't done it yet. I would think you would be fine, especially with OEM 19" wheel.

Check out Direct Cycle Parts for best price and amazing service. Calling may get you a better price. I'll have to check my records to see what I paid through them, but think it was a bit lower than what you have quoted.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a 13 so I hope my input can help in some way.
I just took out the 1in lowering mono tube drop ins and replaced with standard height drop ins.
I didn't like the clearance issues, we were dragging pipes 2up on turns slow or at full speed all over the place and the BIGGEST complaint was the added weight it felt when turning. Any bridge etc we would bottom out.
With that being said, since I put the new standards in, they feel amazing. Same bridge or man hole etc you really cant even feel it or at least its not noticeable.

Remember when you install them that you ONLY use 5oz of 10w in each leg as a lubrication only. Very very simple install.
I did post a set of 1in drop monotubes in the classifieds along with a brand new set of Race Tech fork springs 1.0

1 - 16 of 16 Posts