Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going to be installing monotubes soon on my 2013. I know this has been talked about a million times, and I've probably read hundreds of threads about the install but I can't seem to find any videos of people doing the install. I've seen the video from progressive, but I know there were videos before of guys doing the install, but can't seem to find any anymore. There were so links to videos on this forum in other threads but they're gone.

While I do the install I'll be installing powdercoated lowers, so I bought fork rebuild kits and will be doing those too. I'm pretty confident in the install from what I've read and the service manual I've looked at and have all the tools necessary to do it, but wouldn't mind seeing some vids to go along with what I've read.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=progressive+monotube+install

Regarding the number of clips to use, there is a bit of controversy around this. Many people report a harsh/stiff ride with 2 clips (recommended for most people 170lb+). After reading a lot and not wanting to do it twice, I went with 1 clip (I'm 180 lbs) and was quite happy with the ride as a result.

Going to be installing monotubes soon on my 2013. I know this has been talked about a million times, and I've probably read hundreds of threads about the install but I can't seem to find any videos of the install. I know there were videos before, but can't seem to find any. While I do the install I'll be installing powdercoated lowers, so I bought fork rebuild kits and will be doing those too. I'm pretty confident in the install from what I've read and the service manual I've looked at and have all the tools necessary to do it, but wouldn't mind seeing some vids to go along with what I've read.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm doing the 1" lowered ones and even though they suggest 3 clips (I weigh 230, ride solo all the time with a tour pak) I'm only going to be installing 2 clips based on alot of what I've read. Hopefully that's good as I don't want to go in there again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts