Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question after a conversation from this weekend....

Was talking with some guys regarding the progressive monotube lowering kit I have and am installing soon. I am planning on doing the -1 setup because I don't have a 21" wheel. Someone stated that they thought the FLTRX was already lowered 1". I stated that was the back shocks but they thought it was the front too... I've also seen the same discussion on here.

My dad and I decided to measure my stock FLTRX to his stock ultra... his ultra is actually 1/2" lower than the stock FLTRX. We double checked of his other ultra and the same.

Question is... what is the -1 or -2 setup based off of? At the end of the day it's not a big deal but trying to understand what is a stock height kit.

And for clarification, we were measuring the length of the fork to the center of the axle, so should be a pretty sound measurement.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Quick question after a conversation from this weekend....

Was talking with some guys regarding the progressive monotube lowering kit I have and am installing soon. I am planning on doing the -1 setup because I don't have a 21" wheel. Someone stated that they thought the FLTRX was already lowered 1". I stated that was the back shocks but they thought it was the front too... I've also seen the same discussion on here.

My dad and I decided to measure my stock FLTRX to his stock ultra... his ultra is actually 1/2" lower than the stock FLTRX. We double checked of his other ultra and the same.

Question is... what is the -1 or -2 setup based off of? At the end of the day it's not a big deal but trying to understand what is a stock height kit.

And for clarification, we were measuring the length of the fork to the center of the axle, so should be a pretty sound measurement.
There will always be variances bike to bike. It's the same model but there is still a human element to the assembly. Same can be said for the monotubes. The advertised lowering is -2 or -1 actually height may vary slightly.

P.S. Go -2 you are gonna love it. The ride is firm not harsh and really inspires confidence in the twistes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
The stock front ends are the same on the RX vs. the Ultra. Only 1"drop difference on the back of the RX. (12" vs. 13")
You can drop the stock height Mono tubes by 1/2" by not using the shims they give you in the kit. The ride will just be a little stiffer. I went with one shim per side , and the ride is great. Can't say much about their lowering kit Mono tubes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts