Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading and searching the net for over a day and I can't quite find what I am looking for. I want to get some things power coated over the winter and REALLY want to do my forks. With that said, next winters mod list will include a new wheel (probably 21) which will then require a suspension change (lowering).

So can I do the monotubes and lowering now then add the taller wheel later? What are my options here? I really want to tear the forks apart once and be done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Get the Monotube with the lowering componet. it has the option of 1 or 2 inch lowering. you can do it in stages or just do the 2 inch to begin with. go 1 inch now and 2 inches with the large wheel later. Either way on a RG it will ride fine with the current 18 inch wheel.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks....but I believe my current wheel is not 18" (09 later?)

So can I get away with 2" now and not have to piss with it later? And if not how hard is it to change later!

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Thanks....but I believe my current wheel is not 18" (09 later?)

So can I get away with 2" now and not have to piss with it later? And if not how hard is it to change later!
You have 16" wheels front and back on your bike. I would seem that lowering the front end 2" and using the 16" wheel and not lowering the back would affect the handling along with the ride.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just may lower the rear ;) Looking at sending my rears to BitchinBaggers for now then an upgrade later

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
i can't say whether or not to lower, but just for reference purposes, your 16 inch wheel/tire combo has the same overall diameter as the 17, 18 or cvo 19.....

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I just may lower the rear ;) Looking at sending my rears to BitchinBaggers for now then an upgrade later
If you lower your rear 2", problem solved automatically. Check with bithching baggers, I believe if you lower the rear 1-1/2" you should be able to lower the front 2", the rear affects the bike more than the front when being lowered.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have the monotubes up front at -2" and the 940s in the rear, which lower the rear 1" from stock. it sits pretty level. I also plan on doing the 21" front this summer. I'm not sure if if I will have to change the front with the larger wheel...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts