Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to order a set of monotones (31-2501) and the dealer told me that he only has one set left and wouldn't be getting anymore in for awhile because progressive is redesigning them. Has anybody heard what the new ones would be like compared to the old ones? Trying to decide if I should order now or wait for the new ones, new designs aren't always better.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Honestly I cant see it to be that much better.. usually it is 3 revisions of suspension before you get a signifigant differance. I just bought mine.. The ones out there now are tried and true a great upgrade, I never known progressive to put out a bad product but I dont see that much benifit in waiting.

plus the new ones will cost more.. at 240 bucks it is a good upgrade imo

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've found with just about any mod (or bike or anything really), as soon as you decide and purchase, something new comes out. If you're ready to get the monotubes you should go ahead and do it. As said above, they are a proven upgrade and hard to beat for the money.
And to answer your question, I have not read anything about Progressive changing the design, but who knows.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I just had mine installed today, old design, and wow what a difference. I really like the way the bike handles. Had no idea there was a redesign but I am happy with the upgrade.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called progressive and they said its just a slight change to the plastic washer that is it, it will now be metal. Something to do with the prevention of people who over fill there forks. Nothing major they said

1 - 6 of 6 Posts