Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how many failures are actually documented, but here is my experience. I noticed an improvement immediately after installation. I also noticed a gradually progressive decline in performance to the point it was down right dangerous. To get to the dangerous point I would say it was 5k miles or so.

So tthey were less than a year old so I contacted Progressive to send them back. It was a major pain in my a$$ to get an RMA number out of them. Multiple phone calls and many unanswered emails, but persistence paid off in the end.

So they are fixed now and on there way back home. I asked what happened and he said they had an old style seal in them. The old seal allowed some contaminant in and somehow F them up... Whatever sounds like BS to me anyway. The important thing is they said they fixed them and they are sending them back.

·
Administrator
12,480 Posts
I have the early ones, no problems, but that doesn't mean I don't believe it exist, nobody's perfect.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
My Progressive Monotubes been in my bike for 3 years with no problems at all. This is the first time I heard or read of the Mono tubes from progressive having a problem so it must not be a common issue.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine bounces on really bad freeway suncups. Has a sloshing sound, is that normal? No real clunking. Tempted to drive over next week and have them drive my bike since they are somewhat local

·
Registered
467 Posts
Just put mine in a few months ago so not enough mile or use on mine to say anything other than they make the bike feel like it is nailed to the road. No issues picking a line and riding it like the stock had. I feel your pain with the removal and re-install. Not hard but all the same a PIA!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I love mine. This is the first I've heard of anyone having a problem with them.

·
Registered
8,824 Posts
Close to 15 K on mine and no problems. Standard height monotubes .

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Mine are 2 years old and have about 10k miles on them. No issues and this is the first thread I've ever noticed where someone did have a problem. Good to know they covered them too.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have std height and removed both C clips due to my low weight

·
Registered
941 Posts
Not sure how many failures are actually documented, but here is my experience. I noticed an improvement immediately after installation. I also noticed a gradually progressive decline in performance to the point it was down right dangerous. ....
When did you purchase? Date of manuf. would help.mSerial number.

I bought mine about 1.5 years ago and am delighted thus far with their performance along with the JRI in the rear. All standard height for an '08. Cannot express how much better the ride is on the R Glide. :)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just put mine in a few months ago so not enough mile or use on mine to say anything other than they make the bike feel like it is nailed to the road. No issues picking a line and riding it like the stock had. I feel your pain with the removal and re-install. Not hard but all the same a PIA!
Yeah PITA for sure. Not mentioned earlier but I did it twice, since I followed their advice and added an extra C clip. Now that was a royal waste of time.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When did you purchase? Date of manuf. would help.mSerial number.

I bought mine about 1.5 years ago and am delighted thus far with their performance along with the JRI in the rear. All standard height for an '08. Cannot express how much better the ride is on the R Glide. :)
Sorry I no longer have the package, but I bought them early November 2013 off of Amazon, seller was Powersport Superstore. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Question

Didn't you purchase the Ohlins cartridges (not from me) and have problems with them and I suggested to you many different ways to adjust them?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't you purchase the Ohlins cartridges (not from me) and have problems with them and I suggested to you many different ways to adjust them?
No not in my memory

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 17 of 17 Posts