Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Ultra and have decided that I need to upgrade the suspension. Never been real happy with the factory set up. Not sure what I am going to do in the rear yet but I do know I want monotubes up front.

Now my question. I want to lower the bike, I was thinking about 1 1/2". Kicking my leg over seat seams to be more of a chore lately. I guess I am getting old. I know I can buy 11 1/2 shocks for rear but the monotubes only are -1 or -2. Is 2 too much on an Ultra? Is it ok with the stock wheel?

Thanks for your help and any pics of -2 on an Ultra would be great.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
I would say you woud be more than happy with a 1" drop. It is a lot more than it sounds like and you will be surprised at the difference. That's just me because I still like to have as much clearance under the bike as I can get as well.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
hmm,well,I didn't drop mine because I want to keep cornering clearance.I lowered the back of my dyna,and noticed the difference.So here's a pic of mine not dropped with monotubes.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Will not lower the front without lower the rear end at the same time. I like the progressive 940's with the monotube work well for me. The 940's sets 1" lower with 13" travel.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I would like the 1 inch in front but 1 1/2 in rear. Would the half inch make difference in handling?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think I would like the 1 inch in front but 1 1/2 in rear. Would the half inch make difference in handling?
Mine is not an Ultra, but here is what it looks like with -1 in the front and 11.5 shocks in the rear. I dont think I would go any lower in the front. jmo

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mono-tubes are worth the money, I installed 1"drop on my Custom and it made a huge difference and I dont have much trouble on corners. I think you are on the right track.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I am extremely pleased.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am going to go 1" lower in front and 11 1/2 shocks in rear. Progressive 444's look like the right shocks for me. Where is the best place to buy and what am I looking at for price?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts