Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone on here do this? I do it just because I like collecting the little digital coins, but once I get the coin I stop keeping track of stuff for the month. I'm pretty sure some of the cats on there have to be OTR truckers or something. The dude with the most miles this moth has 26964 miles this moth...seriously? How does some one ride almost 27K miles in a month?

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have been participating this year as well just for the heck of it, even months i do what i consider a lot of riding and end up with 3-4K miles. Do the math these guys are traveling nearly 1k a day. That’s an iron but every day. Not possible in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been participating this year as well just for the heck of it, even months i do what i consider a lot of riding and end up with 3-4K miles. Do the math these guys are traveling nearly 1k a day. That’s an iron but every day. Not possible in my opinion.

That’s pretty much my take on it as well. The numbers have got to be skewed some how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
That’s pretty much my take on it as well. The numbers have got to be skewed some how.

I was an OTR driver. They're not hitting 1000 miles a day either. Something is fishy there. 3000 to 3500 a week was a good week. A legal week.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was an OTR driver. They're not hitting 1000 miles a day either. Something is fishy there. 3000 to 3500 a week was a good week. A legal week.

Well heck, there goes that theory. I wounded how the hell those cats are logging that meany miles then. The other thing is why in the hell would someone cheat on this. It’s not like your getting a paycheck if you have the most miles in a month. LOL.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
hmmm, never knew about this. So this is on the HD App for your phone? I bought my bike a year ago september 1st, I've got about 19,600 miles on it right now. Maybe I'll go DL the app and look into it. That said I think those numbers some of those guys are posting is bullshit, there's no way they're riding that much.

·
Registered
794 Posts

My brother is currently a long haul trucker, and we frequently discuss his mileage and location. And yes even playing with the drive clock and using recap time, he is topping out right where you say the max would be for a legal week.

Hell even if someone was trying to jive the system with multiple sets of paper logs, I don't see anyone hitting over 4k consistently from the shit (traffic/delays/weather/idiots) he has described having to go through.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
At 1,000 a day that's only 12 hour's a day at 85 mph. Doing that every day, they must have a great life.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmmm, never knew about this. So this is on the HD App for your phone? I bought my bike a year ago september 1st, I've got about 19,600 miles on it right now. Maybe I'll go DL the app and look into it. That said I think those numbers some of those guys are posting is bullshit, there's no way they're riding that much.
Yes it's on the phone app. There are some useful things on the app as well...its more useful if you have the GTS radio.

I got the recall info on the app before I got the letter in the mail. I also like the fact that you can look up an address on the app and send it to the GPS on the radio from the phone. We had that in my wife's Durango, but after the first year you have to pay for it. Go figure, something for free from Harley.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know a guy that is a Hoka Hey rider with a 2019 CVO Ultra Limited with over 80,000 in 11 months which comes know where near 26K a month.
I just looked at it and the guy who is 2nd on the last picture I posted has 3,894 miles in lets call it 3 1/2 days. Maybe he's an airline pilot.....LOL

·
Registered
198 Posts
hmmm, never knew about this. So this is on the HD App for your phone? I bought my bike a year ago september 1st, I've got about 19,600 miles on it right now. Maybe I'll go DL the app and look into it.
The HD app is the BEST way to program a destination into your BOOM GTS, so much easier than trying to spell(if you can get it right) it on your BOOM. Once pushed from the app to the bike you still have the option to decide what route you want to take.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The HD app is the BEST way to program a destination into your BOOM GTS, so much easier than trying to spell(if you can get it right) it on your BOOM. Once pushed from the app to the bike you still have the option to decide what route you want to take.
It also makes it WAY easy to load a planned route made on the HD route planer web page.

For on the fly destinations, if you have the ability to voice command CarPlay its even better. I hardly ever use the BOOM GPS.

·
Registered
14 Posts
HOG also has ride 365 for the individual HOG clubs. Within the first week of the year a California Hog club had over 800,000 miles. Mileage starts Jan 1 so I call bullshit. Every year HOG national does less than the previous year.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HOG also has ride 365 for the individual HOG clubs. Within the first week of the year a California Hog club had over 800,000 miles. Mileage starts Jan 1 so I call bullshit. Every year HOG national does less than the previous year.
The dealer that sponsors that club has no integrity if they let that fly and if HOG itself didn't question those numbers they are just as much to blame.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've been using the H-D phone app since June 2018 when I discovered it was available; collected a coin each month. Some months I can't believe the numbers guys are racking up but I also follow the Iron Butt Association and some of those guys will do over 1500 miles per day for multiple days in a row. There is a 100K challenge which is 100K miles in a year, a few guys win that award. It's possible to put up those kind of miles if someone is retired or on vacation but it's pretty tough.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's possible to put up those kind of miles if someone is retired or on vacation but it's pretty tough.

Man I'm not buying it. Unless you're on the bike, mounted to a trailer, with a crew in a truck pulling you around the country.

The guy in the number one spot this morning has over 31000 miles in the past 36 days.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts