Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed out tomorrow with some good friends for a Moonshine Burger. Very excited, this group hasn't all ridden together in a couple years, plus my boy is tagging along for his second all day ride just to get some food, his first on the Harley. There will be 4 road glides in the group, ranging from 09-15. Two Ultra's, one special and one custom dressed up like an Ultra, unless he goes with the sissy bar instead of the tour pak. Should be a good day.

·
Registered
8,297 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ride safe and enjoy. If I was still residing in Johnson Co, I would join you.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Headed out tomorrow with some good friends for a Moonshine Burger. Very excited, this group hasn't all ridden together in a couple years, plus my boy is tagging along for his second all day ride just to get some food, his first on the Harley. There will be 4 road glides in the group, ranging from 09-15. Two Ultra's, one special and one custom dressed up like an Ultra, unless he goes with the sissy bar instead of the tour pak. Should be a good day.
If you haven't before, when you leave Moonshine go to the town of Casey. World's largest rocking chair, pencil and wind chime.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
My bucket list is constantly growing , Moonshine has been on it for a long while now
You need to go during the lunch run. Amazing! All the bikes in a town of two.

Going any other time is like going to Sturgis in June. :grin:

·
Registered
8,297 Posts

My first time riding into Sturgis was in the month ofJune. :(

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
My first time riding into Sturgis was in the month ofJune. :(
Mine too! We were on sportbikes, and our wives worried the bikers would trash our crotch rockets. We laughed and told them no one would be there.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

While it would be awesome to see I would be so grumpy no one would want to be around me. 8 bikes are going tomorrow and that's pushing the limit for me. The older I get the more I appreciate crowds less.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
While it would be awesome to see I would be so grumpy no one would want to be around me. 8 bikes are going tomorrow and that's pushing the limit for me. The older I get the more I appreciate crowds less.
Everyone who has gone said that is the one weekend not to go , I liked Sturgis with nobody there
I understand, but Moonshine and Sturgis with no one there are no different than any other small town stopover.

I can go 20 miles into town for that. :grin:

Or go up to Leipers Fork and see something different.

Most people wouldn't know Sturgis, or Moonshine, if it weren't for the dream of a few to gather togather and grow an event. Nothing to see at either outside the event.
If you tell some you have been to Sturgis, they assume the rally. If you tell someone you have been to moonshine, they assume the lunch run.
No offense to those who love in Illinois, but the roads are not interesting and the destination is not worth the ride outside of the Lunch Run.

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Went to Daytona and Sturgis quite a bit before they changed , have no desire to go to either during the rally , I've been and that's good enuff for me .. I grew up in a town like Sturgis and Moonshine , take 'em over anything bigger any day .. They are all unique and interesting ... To each his own ...

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Went to Daytona and Sturgis quite a bit before they changed , have no desire to go to either during the rally , I've been and that's good enuff for me .. I grew up in a town like Sturgis and Moonshine , take 'em over anything bigger any day .. They are all unique and interesting ... To each his own ...
I'm not into crowds either, but going to Lynchburg on a Saturday to eat at the square and check out the rides and riders is always interesting. Especially when my wife and I are wearing our Vulcan branded clothing amongst all the HD branded . :grin: definitely got different reactions.

Used to live in Daytona Beach, back in the 80s. Bike week had two distinct groups. Those on main street, and the boothill saloon, and those at the racetrack.

I got off on this tangent because you mentioned moonshine as a bucket list item.

For me, bucket list items are the top 100 motorcycle roads in the US. National Parks and National Landmarks. Historic locations, etc.

The moonshine lunch run was a bucket list item, but not moonshine itself. The lunch run was a one time thing. Some people go every year.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand, but Moonshine and Sturgis with no one there are no different than any other small town stopover.

I can go 20 miles into town for that. :grin:

Or go up to Leipers Fork and see something different.

Most people wouldn't know Sturgis, or Moonshine, if it weren't for the dream of a few to gather togather and grow an event. Nothing to see at either outside the event.
If you tell some you have been to Sturgis, they assume the rally. If you tell someone you have been to moonshine, they assume the lunch run.
No offense to those who love in Illinois, but the roads are not interesting and the destination is not worth the ride outside of the Lunch Run.
We go to moonshine to get a burger. They ar good burgers, an excuse to ride and hang out with good friends. Good enough for me. Hell, we sometimes ride an hour just to get breakfast. Could get the same stuff 5 minutes from the house, but what fun is that?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts