Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Moonshine Lunch Run near Casey, Illinois (east-central) is coming up on April 14. If we don't have a late winter and we have good weather, is there any interest in making this a "meet and great"? This is a 3 day event, but the main event that most attend is the ride out from Casey to Moonshine on Saturday, April 14 for a Moonburger at the country general store. Moonshine is just a country crossroad with a general store on the corner and a population of 2. Last year they had 1600 bikes there and served 2068 burgers by early afternoon when the store closes (keeps growing every year).

http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/History.asp

I'm guessing the local motels are booked up already, so if anyone wanted to spend a night you would probably need to book in a motel at one of the larger towns some miles from Casey. I've rode to Moonshine and returned home the same day to Indy, so spending the night isn't necessary if you live close enough.

Just throwing this out there. I don't know if I can make it yet, but I wanted to see if there is any interest.

·
Registered
291 Posts
That is only 100 miles from my place, I have never been, I would likely be interested in rounding up a crew and heading down for the day. Looks liek a good time.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It's mostly Hondas and Yamahas, but there are several Harleys as well. Long distant riders from all over the country come to this thing. Just another destination for them.

Just so you know, they send the bikes out to Moonshine on Saturday from Casey in groups and not all at once. Or people can just ride out there on their own. Once you are there you hang out, socialize, and stand in line for a burger.

If you can't make it on that date, it is a good destination on another Saturday. Here's video about Moonshine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGkBilF6GU8&eurl=http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37671

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks liek there will be a group of us from ole hooterville are heading down saturday morning (weather permitting)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks like we are heading out Saturday morning around 7 a.m. from far east central illinois, Hoopeston to be exact. Small group or two, anyone heading through here or wants to mege in with us along the way is more than welcome, pm me and I will get you more info.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Five friends from work, 4 Harleys and a Wing are leaving for Louisville and BBQ in the morning while I'm riding to Port Dover. We will all meet up in Moonshine sometime Saturday morning and then its off to Urbana Ohio. 22 B-25 bombers will be practicing formation flying and offering rides out of Grimes field in preparation for the 70th anniversary of Doolittle's Tokyo Raiders at the US Air Force Museum on Tuesday. Hope to see some sharks there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts