Road Glide banner

61 - 80 of 604 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Good luck My Brother.. I too suffer with overweight and have begun the fight to live. Know that people here are pulling for you. Gotta live, to ride..

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
All of the others expressed many of my thoughts so I wont repeat them.
The guts you displayed by posting this will help you (and maybe others) more than you may realize. You already see all of the support from the great people on this forum give you.
As with many others, I battled weight and smoking also,and I can say you wont regret it when you win.
You can, AND WILL, win!!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Good Luck Man, I feel you. Being once over 350 at 6ft it was tough. Always been up and down. Last big weight loss was during my divorce in 2004-2006 when I lost 85 lbs. It has slowly creep up and back at 300. I need to join your efforts and do the same.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I think it takes a lot of courage to open up publicly like this. Any tool you can use to help you attain your healthy goal is a good tool. We're here for you. Like you said, only you can hold yourself accountable for this. We'll offer support. Keep it going man!!

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
It takes a gr8bigdude to do what youo have done by posting this thread. Much respect for ya and hope that you are able to meet your goals. I've subscribed so maybe I can help with those reminders and maybe keep you on track. Good luck you've got my support and as I can tell the support of many others on the forum.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Awesome post! Looking forward to your updates. Take a picture of yourself (clothed) now for this post so when you roll into the parking lot at SWIII you can blow us away with your success!! Shopping for clothes will be fun when you notice your size dropping. Hanky panky with your wife will be more fun too :p
ImageUploadedByMO Free1363207816.867946.jpg

Wife snapped the pic as I was heading out for the gym.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Nothing like adding free horse power to your scoot.
That's what I was thinking; major performance improvement - like dropping-off a passenger....

Other tidbit:

My job requires frequent International travel, and I am heading to Costa Rica next week for a few days of meetings. No beach or rain forests where I go. It's airport, manufacturing facility, hotel, repeat. Ok, there is this cool restaurant on the mountain that overlooks the central valley - was an old monastery, with views that make your jaw drop. Le Monastere - Linky: http://www.monastere-restaurant.com The servers dress like monks.
This will be a great test of how much willpower I can muster.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
That's what I was thinking; major performance improvement - like dropping-off a passenger....

Other tidbit:

My job requires frequent International travel, and I am heading to Costa Rica next week for a few days of meetings.
One day, when your name is changed to Notso-gr8bigdude (feel free to use that later on) the freak'n airline seat will fit slightly better too. My last flight was nearly 13 hours in a coach seat which was engineered for someone 5'6" and 150 pounds. Even the stock seat on my bike feels luxurious compared to that.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
One of Zig Ziglar's instructions for life is if you have a 'go up' goal don't tell anyone. They may try to talk you out of it and tell you that you can't do it. If you have a 'give up' goal tell everyone that will hold you accountable and give you support. I respect your commitment. We will keep track of your progress. :cool:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Reward

I promised my wife I would lose weight if I could get a new motorcycle:D
Well the New Roadie is in the garage and I am too am at 14lbs and counting. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
941 Posts
South Beach diet. MY MD ordered. Weight gain is attributable to diet. Exercise only tones.

I like the SB Diet meals. Went from 240 to 195 in about five months. I remain physically active, but neither increased nor decreased physical activity.

There will be lots of South Beach cook books at your local library - you do have a library card don't you? Helps if significant other is equally committed.

Both wife & I each reduced weight by 45 lbs. Like to reduce weight by another 10 Lbs then be steady there. But evidence is that my consumption and physical activity hold me at 195. Alas, 72.5" height, with a 34/35 wast at 195 lbs ain't bad for an old body.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Looks to me like you have the support of a whole lot of RG.org friends here. Stay focused on your goal and keep us posted on your results. You can do it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cheering for you! So looking forward to following your posts!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
I think your obvious commitment to this is awesome. Nothing like showing all your cards and still planning on coming out ahead. I think you have everyone's support here and my personal admiration. You've already done the hardest part.

61 - 80 of 604 Posts