Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all- I'm around 6'2 and the stock windshield on my 16 RGU seems pretty good to me. Wind does not hit me in the face, it hits my head which so far has kept me cool on hot days. The problem is, it's not the nicest LOOKING thing. Or, as my buddy says, "hideous". So- did anyone change out theirs based on looks alone? How about looks PLUS function? If so, what did you replace with, and why? Clear or smoke? I'd like to clear my own confusion on this, because since I like the height so far, it isn't great looking. Any feedback would be greatly helpful!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I am same height and changed mine out for increased wind/rain protection. I will admit that the improved looks were a definite plus as well. :wink:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am same height and changed mine out for increased wind/rain protection. I will admit that the improved looks were a definite plus as well. :wink:
Is it the Klockwerks 14"? What was the difference from the stock shield?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Is it the Klockwerks 14"? What was the difference from the stock shield?
Yup, it does help direct the air over me better. Allows me to hear stereo better and will all vents closed, does a better job of directing rain over me as well.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I keep all vents open during clear weather and is best with this shield to me for eliminating any buffeting or turbulence.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
The Madstad probably offers more protection, but looks hideous IMHO. The KW performs for what I need and looks great doing it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Madstad probably offers more protection, but looks hideous IMHO. The KW performs for what I need and looks great doing it.
Awesome-- Looks like that's perfect for me as well.

Reactions: ! rock103 !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
May I ask what you paid for it? And where you bought yours?

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
May I ask what you paid for it? And where you bought yours?
Sure, Direct Cycle Parts. $189.95 once added to the cart. But give them a call to get all the discounts and mention you're a forum member.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure, Direct Cycle Parts. $189.95 once added to the cart. But give them a call to get all the discounts and mention you're a forum member.
This just keeps getting better! Everything I saw was $249.99
Great brother--really appreciate it!!

Reactions: ! rock103 !

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
This just keeps getting better! Everything I saw was $249.99
Great brother--really appreciate it!!
Hey Homie......let me know when you get this sum bitch on - I have been toying with the idea myself but not sure if a Dark 14 at Night would be too much and where my lil 5'10.5 (yes, I added the .5) ass would be with it - I dig the looks for sure and welcome better protection

·
Registered
1 Posts
Windshields

On my 2012 RG I must have tried 10 different types of windshields its hard to get that function as well as style. On my 2016 the stock was kinda worthless so before I left the dealer it had a 9" Klockwerks and that worked OK but still choppy on the freeway. I am now USING A 7JUROCK 12" it is similar to the Klockwerks but half the price. It works very good for me still a slight breeze but no deafening air at ear level. I also installed the wind deflectors that mount on top of the crash bar in front of the tank they do make a difference worth the $25

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Homie......let me know when you get this sum bitch on - I have been toying with the idea myself but not sure if a Dark 14 at Night would be too much and where my lil 5'10.5 (yes, I added the .5) ass would be with it - I dig the looks for sure and welcome better protection
lol! Ya I will--no problem bud.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
DCP consistently has the best prices. And if you find a lower price, I think they match it. They give forum and military discounts. Great customer service and very down to earth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
windshield

Thanks for the info on where to get the windshield. I called an got 5$ off. If anyone wants to buy a 14 inch light tint windshield for a 2015-16 road glide email me at [email protected] I had to order a 12 inch because the 14 was right at eye level.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I'm 6' and riding my new 16 RGS home today, I realized right away that a new windshield would have to be bought. sitting straight up, wind blasts me in the face. shoulders slouched wind hits the top of my helmet. very limited rain protection too. Gonna go try before I buy, the KW 14" one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts