Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Screamin Eagle Pro Stage III kit,want some more poop for my 2011. The # look pretty good on paper?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
forged aluminum 10.5:1 pistons,SE259E cams, high performance valve springs and perfect fit push rods, EFI Super tuner, and 103 cylinders: they're claiming almost 110 TQ and a little over 95 HP

·
Banned
88 Posts
forged aluminum 10.5:1 pistons,SE259E cams, high performance valve springs and perfect fit push rods, EFI Super tuner, and 103 cylinders: they're claiming almost 110 TQ and a little over 95 HP
that's rated in crank HP/tq,not rear wheel.im not sure what it costs,(I don't use SE stuff in our builds) but im sure you can get a lot more bang for your bucks going aftermarket.ide look into a 107" kit,S&S .585 cams with 1.900/1.630 headwork,115/120+ with even mild headwork

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about the Screamin Eagle Pro Stage III kit,want some more poop for my 2011. The # look pretty good on paper?
Many combinations available for power over/above from what that Squealin' Seagull kit(s) offer.
Torque is paramount in a touring combination, and then the ability to have that curve carry into the later rpm band really pulls it all togather.
Bob Wood, Crane, Andrews, the new S&S cams will all do it, set up correctly, as our many decades of 6-7 day work-weeks have taught us.
NO magic cams out there.:)
Scott

·
Registered
301 Posts
Before ya buy that screaming eagle 3 kit take a long look at the drago stage 2.5 kit. That's the one I'm holding out for till my bike is payed off.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
A good low end/mid range cam will give you more then enough git up and go. Cams such as the Woods 222 or T-man 555 will give you around 107 to 110 ft lbs of torque. Torque is way more important then HP IMO.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
With one of the quality shops on this forum your going to get a pair of cylinders that are specifically bored and honed to exacting dimensions of the pistons that goes with them. Do yourself a favor and go this route, even if it costs you a little more.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 103 with cam only (TW-222) made 115 TQ and 95 HP. You might talk to our Dragos, Hillside, Fuelmoto, VeeTwin about cams and/or a big bore kit. You'll get more bang for your buck from those guys.

Good luck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Many combinations available for power over/above from what that Squealin' Seagull kit(s) offer.
Torque is paramount in a touring combination, and then the ability to have that curve carry into the later rpm band really pulls it all togather.
Bob Wood, Crane, Andrews, the new S&S cams will all do it, set up correctly, as our many decades of 6-7 day work-weeks have taught us.
NO magic cams out there.:)
Scott
I think Scott sums it up perfectly...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts