Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logged 1150 miles this weekend to MO without a hitch. Got up this morning to head to a customer for training and the bike fired but ran like hell. Was spitting and sputtering and backfiring like it was running real rich.

Coasted into a parking space and hiked to the facility. Fortunately it was close to the hotel. Walked back during lunch and the bike fired and ran normal. Rode it to the facility and just came back to the hotel and all was fine.

I have a Thundermax ECM. Anyone else run into this problem? Is it possible an electrical connection was wet and it just dried out this morning? Didn't see any error codes. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be different.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in a hurry and didn't pay close attention, but I didn't notice any morning dew, but it was humid this morning. Just went out for supper and back and still no further issues. we'll see what happens in the AM. I did hit a couple of wet patches on the way here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had that happen on my 06 Softail with the Tmax ecm. I had went to start it and it popped back and didn't fire, hit starter button and when it finally started, wouldn't idle or run good. I reloaded map when I got home and it ran like new and never had the issue again...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts