Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no connection with these guys other than to have just bought this product to make my Ultra a dual personality kinda bike. Got to say I am more than happy with the fit and function of this piece .
It fits TIGHT with zero rattles yet goes on and off with ease. I suppose miles will tell the true story but seems great in first 1,500......

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rattle

Please don't take this as an insult.... When I first installed the four point docking kit I put the the chrome only "spacers" on the inside instead of the plastic coated ones. Damn, I had that rattle guys complain about.... Switched them around and it's now tight. Any chance you made same mistake? No way will it fit right if your trying to get it to seat on the chrome finish spacers.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I really like mine. Quality is good, it comes in black and locking or non-locking. I picked up the non-locking quick detach for $165 from Eastern Performance. Mine doesn't rattle, it fits pretty tight. Anyway, I think it was a good purchase.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
bumping an old thread in case someone searches on this topic.

I bought a new one from Direct Cycle parts early 2013. Sucker rattled like a mofo when there is no weight in the TP.

Ended up getting pissed late 2013 because one of the locking mechanisms fell off on my SW ride so I emailed Motherwell.

Much to my surprised they told me to mail it back to them with an RMA and they sent me a brand new one.... with the "new design" that doesn't rattle.

I was pretty disappointed at first but turned out they provided some top notch customer service.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
ya... does it wiggle ?

My old one I would wiggle it and it had a fair amount of movement. The new one is ROCK SOLID.

·
Administrator
2,681 Posts
Bumping this because my "new version" is rattling now. This time its the rear locking mounts...

wondering how how yours is holding up Jay

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I just bought one also. Rattles like crazy. Really pisses me off.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts