Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, was looking for a blacked out luggage or taour pak rack and found them from Motherwell. Does anyone have experience with thier products.....powder coat quality, and over all durability?

Any feed back would be great good or bad

H

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Great company. Great products. Don't even hesitate.

I'm kind of high on them right now because I bought a locking, detachable tour pak rack from them about 6 or 7 months ago. It worked ok. Looked good. Easy to mount/dismount. However, it was a little loose and rattled a little when it wasn't loaded. I figured that's just the way it was.

On a hint from someone on this site, I emailed Motherwell's about it. They asked me a couple of questions and determined that I had their older design. For the cost of shipping, they took my old one back and provided me with the new design, which is rock solid. I'm very happy with my dealings with them.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I bought the saddlebag bra from them. Elastic easy peasy install. Soooooo much better than HD POS that I could never get stretched to fit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motherwell tour pak rack

JayKS

Thanks for the feedback. I had bever heard of them so was curious. I haven't found another rack that comes lockable and blacked out, so it is great product .......if it holds up :rolleyes:

·
Registered
479 Posts
I bought one. Very solid quality piece. Unlikely you will find anything better.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've had a Motherwell chrome solo rack on my springer for 8-10 years now. No issues with it at all. Chrome is good and has held up well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have had my tour pack in black locking for two years now and it works great and still looks good very happy with it

·
Registered
370 Posts
Got the black locking to match my bike and am happy with the finish, look and function. I expected locks on both sides but it is only on the 'passenger' side... And it probably will not deter a true thief...casual/opportunistic thief's would pass, I think... But then again, a motivated thief would probably take the whole bike!

As far as the rack mounting.... Just like the HD removable mount on 09 to 13....direct to the TP.

You should have no problems!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Motherwell racks

Hey thanks all for the feed back. I will be ordering two racks in the near future for the ol'lady and I.

Let you know when they are mounted with some pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts