Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the Love Jugs. A little pricey, but seem to be good quality and man do they blow.
I think in conjuction with my oil cooler fan, the love jugs will keep these engine temps down in the South Florida heat and stop n go traffic.

Fuel tank Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Nice addition. I have a set of the old Wards Parts Werks one that are very similar. So similar I believe they infringed on Love Jugs patent and he got shut down. They do work well at cooling the top of the motor. The only downside is they blow a lot of heat onto your right leg, so you have to find comfortable places to move your leg when stuck in traffic or at a light.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Nice addition. I have a set of the old Wards Parts Werks one that are very similar. So similar I believe they infringed on Love Jugs patent and he got shut down. They do work well at cooling the top of the motor. The only downside is they blow a lot of heat onto your right leg, so you have to find comfortable places to move your leg when stuck in traffic or at a light.
I had the same issue with the old Harley Parade fan blowing on my leg. Man, I went without a fan, until the new bike, since I traded in that 2005 FLHTI in 2008.

·
Super Moderator
12,892 Posts
I still have the original from Wards Parts Werks on my 2010, I think they were around $175 back when I bought them, I don’t know what they cost now, but they do work and look a lot better than the actual Love Jugs.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
A little tank lift would also help lower the temps. Found that out by trial and error after having limited results from a oil cooler with a fan and jug fans.

On the oil cooled M8, the hottest oil in the system is what flows through that return hose at the back of the engine. I'm surprised that no one has build a cooler to fit in there.

·
Super Moderator
12,892 Posts
I guess there’s no splitting traffic in Florida ?
No, but even if we could you still have to stop at lights, and it still gets hot. I believe California is one of the only states where you can split lanes, if you ride to Yosemite, you get hot waiting in line, and just about all states get hot in the summer. Unless you’re 100% highway, these bikes get hot.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,012 Posts
OK, I wonder if the fan blades are designed to move air in both directions? Probably not, but if they did you could have it on a switch you could at least alternate which side of you is getting spit roasted in stop and go traffic. Living where it's sunny, 94 degrees, and 80% humidity for months on end, I vote for motorcycle air conditioning!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered a set of mid frame heat deflectors, so I am hoping the heat will at least be deflected away from my right inner thigh.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, I wonder if the fan blades are designed to move air in both directions? Probably not, but if they did you could have it on a switch you could at least alternate which side of you is getting spit roasted in stop and go traffic. Living where it's sunny, 94 degrees, and 80% humidity for months on end, I vote for motorcycle air conditioning!

Unfortunately No. They blow in one direction, but man do those little suckers put out some CFMs of air. With the engine off, sounds like jet turbines

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have removed my cat very helpful and yes I’m in California and I go to Yosemite but I don’t sit in any traffic that’s the biggest downfall on the air cooled twins. I don’t let them idle and get hot I do whatever I can to avoid that. Didn’t realize California was one of the only states still letting you split traffic

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have them on this bike and my previous. The cat converter is the heat monster on the right side.
The bike is new and still has over 1 year and a half of Warranty left. If I remove the cat converter the warranty will be void. Once the time is up, I'll be going stage 2 with headers and Air Cleaner.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i also have the love jugs with a fan assisted oil cooler and a tank lift. my engine likes me so much more now. i love being stopped in traffic and watching my engine temps go down instead of up like they used to .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts