Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 RG 13000 miles on it when I start is top end makes noise like no oil warm it up and goes away but if I throttle up hard sounds like the valves are hitting the bottom of the gas tank HELP Just pipes remap and air cleaner on it motor never been apart

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
My guess would be the one or more lifters are bleeding down and take a few minutes to pump back up. The stock lifters are not the best.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Don't ignore it. Get it checked out. Mine started doing that and I ended up having to get total motor rebuild. Comp also went out and I ended up with only my old engine cases and heads remaining. Everything else was replaced, luckily under ESP. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
+1 happened to my 2011 fltrx at 11k POS factory lifters, now im running S&S premium lifters no more problems.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What options are out there for lifters I see S&S mentioned What are advantages of these lifters Thanks

·
Registered
932 Posts
When I had to replace my lifters I went with Fueling. There fine and doing the job however, I wish I had went with S&S premium. Tom Wood makes a good lifter, also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I would definetly go with S&S or Fueling lifters. Ever since Johnson quit making the HD lifters way back, the HD lifters haven't been what they should be. It's kinda rare that one would go out at such low miles, but it's DEFINETLY not un-heard of!

·
Registered
304 Posts
If in fact the lifter(s) is bleeding off, then look no further than an S&S unit.
We have used NOTHING but those here since the mid 1990's.:)
Scott
Whats the best way to check to see if it is the lifter bleeding off?

My bike has had a noisy top end and I think cam chest since day one and assumed it was due to the high lift cam in there. Push rods don't feel sloppy, although they are the non-adjustable "perfect fit" Harley push-rods.... I was going to cut them out and go to an adjustable.

I still don't understand how they can be perfect fit if you can't adjust them. There's a lot of different components bolted together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts