Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just wanted t say Thanks to Howard of Motorcycle Metal, for the New Ohlins I purchased from him.
Howard was great to talk with on the phone and was very informative when it comes to Motorcycle Suspensions.
I ordered His Ohlins #6 with Remote Reservoir for the rear and His Ohlins FKC 101 for the front.
Everything came very quickly, was wrapped up extremely well and I can say they look like Jewels.
I am looking forward to completing the install.
Howard told me to give him a call if I run into any problems.
That's great Customer Service, in My Book.
Unfortunately, I have been busy with Family and Work and haven't had the time to do the install.
I should be completing all My Winter Mods at the end of February since I took the time off from work to do so.
I will post pics soon and once I take a ride with the New Suspension I will report back.
If your in the Market for a New Suspension don't hesitate to give Howard a call.
He's very informative and gives Our Forum Members a TERRIFIC Discount.
Mike U.

·
Registered
590 Posts
So mike you will do the fork install your self? I have been thinking about doing my forks on my 15 RGS I was thinking of just pulling them and send them to Howard. I will be curious on how the install gos. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dozer, I spoke with Howard and he sent me all the tools as well as the instructions to complete the install as I do all the work on my bike myself.
He told me not to hesitate to call him if I run into any problems.
As soon as I get the time to complete the install I'll let everyone know how it went.
If I remember I'll also take some photos.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
You will not regret your decision, do it once and do it right !!! Ohlins

·
Registered
304 Posts
Howard set me up 50,000 miles ago with same equipment you just got and I still love it! I also got a new 17 a few months ago and though new suspension is definitely better than old stock suspension, it does not compare to Howard's Ohlin setup! Enjoy

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I installed the Ohlin's #6 and I have a couple of pics to share.
I was able to upload the photos but am unable to straighten them out.
If anyone knows how to please let me know.
Mike U.

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
I recently put my order in on the same Ohlin #6 shocks from Howard. I am anxiously waiting for then to arrive so I get them on my bike and go for a ride. Is there anything special I need to know about the installation process?

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Looks nice, look forward to hearing your thoughts after a ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Smokey, the only problem i had was mounting the resevoir. I have saddlebag guards on so I had to remove the antenna mount and I wire tied the resevoirs behind the mounting bracket. When you recieve your #6's from Howard he will include all the instructions and materials needed to complete the install.
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big_gary thanks.
I will definitely let everyone know how it all works out once I've put some miles on them.
Mike U.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts