Shark of the Month October 13
8,750 Posts

·
8,750 Posts
I'm a huge Neil Young fan so I often have these on my playlist for riding:

Unknown Legend -

Motorcycle Mama -

... and every time "Rockin' in the Free World" comes on I find myself cranking up both the music and the throttle. Neil's two different versions of this on his "Freedom" album are great, but earlier this week I came across this performance while goin' down the Neil Young YouTube rabbit hole. Imagine yourself being fortunate enough to have tickets to see Pearl Jam in Toronto, it's a massive crowd that goes nuts when they close the show with a 12.5 minute version of Eddie Vedder doing, "Rockin in the Free World". If that wasn't good enough, Neil Young does a walk-on about 3 minutes into it and commences to give these boyz a lesson on how to rock a concert!!! Fuckin' A, man! At about the 5.5 minute mark he leads them into a 7 minute guitar explosion like I've never seen before. He challenges everyone else on stage to strutt their best stuff. Wow ..... just wow! Check it out, it's well worth the 12 minutes.

·
8,750 Posts
How about "Meat" doing "Bat Outta Hell"? That's good riding music.

·
8,750 Posts
Can't find an official video but I love riding on a long, winding two lane listening to this song and album.
That's a fine looking scooter there.

·
8,750 Posts
How about a little Canned Heat with "On the Road Again" and "Going Up the Country", or Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride" or "Born to Be Wild".

·
8,750 Posts
... and let's not forget The Rolling Stones. I have the 2 discs of their live concert in Havana from about 4 years ago and it's one of my favs to ride with. It's the 'songs you know by heart' for me. Cruisin' down the road singing loudly like I actually knew how! Lol I never cared for the Beatles - as far as I'm concerned they were the first true 'Boy Band', but I always loved The Stones. So much of their music was heavily influenced by old blues tunes. And you can serve me a heapin' plate of Paul Butterfield's Blues Band for desert!

This starts my 56th year of riding, but I never had a music system on any of the many previous bikes I've owned. My RG was the first, but it has freakin' spoiled me! The only way I'd own a bike now that didn't have a music system on it would be if I owned a chop or bobber as a second bike. I rode for all those years with nothing but the mechanical sounds of the motor and the exhaust note of the bike but now I'm totally spoiled by riding to whatever music I'm in the mood for. Love, love, love listening to some good tunes cruisin' down the road on 2. The weird part is that I've spent way too much money on home audio gear over the years, always chasing the best sounds I could afford. How I rode all those years without ever even thinking of having music on board my bikes is .... well ..... inexcusable.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
I've seen a few of their concerts. I got to meet them a few times. They've played Redwood Run a couple of times while I was Head of Security for the Event.
Nice. I saw them once when they came through CT last year. I'll definitely go again

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm a huge Neil Young fan so I often have these on my playlist for riding:

Unknown Legend -

Motorcycle Mama -

... and every time "Rockin' in the Free World" comes on I find myself cranking up both the music and the throttle. Neil's two different versions of this on his "Freedom" album are great, but earlier this week I came across this performance while goin' down the Neil Young YouTube rabbit hole. Imagine yourself being fortunate enough to have tickets to see Pearl Jam in Toronto, it's a massive crowd that goes nuts when they close the show with a 12.5 minute version of Eddie Vedder doing, "Rockin in the Free World". If that wasn't good enough, Neil Young does a walk-on about 3 minutes into it and commences to give these boyz a lesson on how to rock a concert!!! Fuckin' A, man! At about the 5.5 minute mark he leads them into a 7 minute guitar explosion like I've never seen before. He challenges everyone else on stage to strutt their best stuff. Wow ..... just wow! Check it out, it's well worth the 12 minutes.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse was my first concert. To many activities to remember everything but what I remember was great. I’ve bought Greendale 2 times now I like it so much. 🤘🏻

41 - 60 of 65 Posts