Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
A great band that some give flack but there's a reason why they sell...jams...I get asked why I listen to angry young man music, "it rocks"...if the music makes my foot tap... could care less about image...or genre 🤘🏼
The first time I heard FFDP I thought two things. The lead singer can sing very nicely when he needs to. And the double base drums are great. Also really respect how they tie the music to our brave wonderful soldiers.

·
Registered
522 Posts
A great band that some give flack but there's a reason why they sell...jams...I get asked why I listen to angry young man music, "it rocks"...if the music makes my foot tap... could care less about image...or genre
F8 their last album kicks ass...I'm a hard rock guy always been always will be.

Classic Vinyl and Octane on XM are my go to stations

Sent from my SM-T837V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Mandatory for me....and volume at max......

at the start of a road trip.....

at the end of a road trip, crossed the final border and close to home....

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Mandatory for me....and volume at max......
Lu Lu Lu Lu.......my guilty pleasure.....pretty much the entire "Shout at The Devil" Album.....know every word to "Red-Hot" but could not tell ya what we had for dinner last night

Tommy Lee is my Hero - To have lived the life these (4) did in the early 80s in LA......wearing more make up and using more hair spray than the 3 chicks a night they banged.....7 nights a week.....without the death rattle when Seattle introduced Grunge

·
Read Only
2,975 Posts
Lu Lu Lu Lu.......my guilty pleasure.....pretty much the entire "Shout at The Devil" Album.....know every word to "Red-Hot" but could not tell ya what we had for dinner last night

Tommy Lee is my Hero - To have lived the life these (4) did in the early 80s in LA......wearing more make up and using more hair spray than the 3 chicks a night they banged.....7 nights a week.....without the death rattle when Seattle introduced Grunge

Definitely a huge fan of the music still, and was a rabid fan, but honestly, i wish they would do like their song, "dont go away mad, just go away" as i am a bit tired of overpriced nostalgia...but no one can deny, they made some great music, lived a life only some of us in the 80's did, i wasnt making music but living a lifestyle similar in respect to partying. The 80's, if you were not there, its like riding a Harley, you have no idea unless you do it or did it in this case...my daughter is like, i was born in the 80's wished i lived it, i can only say, 'yes, it was certainly a wild time.' Oh, and Mick, dude can come up with a riff...the Motley sound is all Mick...great underappreciated/unknown geetar maestro...

·
Read Only
2,975 Posts
Definitely a huge fan of the music still, and was a rabid fan, but honestly, i wish they would do like their song, "dont go away mad, just go away" as i am a bit tired of overpriced nostalgia...but no one can deny, they made some great music, lived a life only some of us in the 80's did, i wasnt making music but living a lifestyle similar in respect to partying. The 80's, if you were not there, its like riding a Harley, you have no idea unless you do it or did it in this case...my daughter is like, i was born in the 80's wished i lived it, i can only say, 'yes, it was certainly a wild time.' Oh, and *, dude can come up with a riff...the Motley sound is all *...great underappreciated/unknown geetar maestro...
stupid arse site censors Mick as in Mick Mars??? HA! HA! HA!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts

Dude...1984...my first concert....Bark at the Moon tour...who opened up for Ozzy....The Crue!!!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Definitely a huge fan of the music still, and was a rabid fan, but honestly, i wish they would do like their song, "dont go away mad, just go away" as i am a bit tired of overpriced nostalgia...but no one can deny, they made some great music, lived a life only some of us in the 80's did, i wasnt making music but living a lifestyle similar in respect to partying. The 80's, if you were not there, its like riding a Harley, you have no idea unless you do it or did it in this case...my daughter is like, i was born in the 80's wished i lived it, i can only say, 'yes, it was certainly a wild time.' Oh, and *, dude can come up with a riff...the Motley sound is all *...great underappreciated/unknown geetar maestro...
Lol...my son says the 80s had the best music....in my opinion...Dr Feelgood was the Crue’s best album...Every song is just kick ass great!!!

Reactions: Little Wing

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
I can dig the Metallica for sure and too many good ones to choose from...but am a Bob fan so my heart belongs to the original of this track

But, lace this track up and my right hand gets heavy REAL quick...in fact, I followed @eddienelson through the Blackhills listening to this whole album and wound up do 80+ MPH thru some damn State Park on a road built for a Golf Cart

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
the older i get, the more i appreciate music like Jimi from the 60s.
with the technology available at the time, they're not the cleanest recordings, but they really showcase talent. the playback technology didn't help, but we did what we could.
i was kinda late recognizing jimi's mastery, but "The Star Spangled Banner" from "Woodstock" is still one of my faves.

makes me wanna go out and buy another lava lamp and water pipe and get back to re-living my youth lol

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I can dig the Metallica for sure and too many good ones to choose from...but am a Bob fan so my heart belongs to the original of this track

But, lace this track up and my right hand gets heavy REAL quick...in fact, I followed @eddienelson through the Blackhills listening to this whole album and wound up do 80+ MPH thru some damn State Park on a road built for a Golf Cart

@SteadyEddie Good times my friend!!!

101 - 120 of 126 Posts