Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my PV but did not buy the mounting kit. Now Im wondering if I should or not??? My first thought was to much clutter on the bars but this thing looks pretty neat!! What are you guys doing with it? Thanks

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
If I had one, I'd squeeze it in on the bars. Just about all displays are worthless in the sun, but when there's no glare, there's cool factor. In the PV5 case, there's also the possibility of immediate, on fuss adjustments.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I have mine mounted and use it all the time to monitor engine temp. I like that you can set it up with multiple gauges (many to choose from) as well as night and day time color contrast. DinoJet recently added a video showing how to set up the gauges.

http://www.dynojet.com/Powervision/powervision-videos.aspx

I also bought an inexpensive handlebar mount that works great. I can remove the PV quickly when I'm not riding and can also rotate it in any direction to improve visibility while riding.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I flashed my ECM and then disconnected the PV.. My bars are 1.5" and the mount that came with it won't work.... I'm not sure I'd like the clutter either....

Has anyone mounted it to the highway bar just below the tank? Just a thought....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Mine's permanantly mounted to the bars just below and left of the speedo, the mount that Fuel Moto sold with it allows it to tuck in nice and tight.

I set mine up with the "nighttime" gauge background, black with white numbers, seldom have trouble seeing it while riding.

The PV has way to many neat features and usefulness to leave it laying on the bench.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was not going to mount mine. I saw the video on how to set the gauges and thought how cool that would be to use on a long trip. I am leaving for Ten. Thursday. Its mounted and ready to go.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine's permanantly mounted to the bars just below and left of the speedo, the mount that Fuel Moto sold with it allows it to tuck in nice and tight.

I set mine up with the "nighttime" gauge background, black with white numbers, seldom have trouble seeing it while riding.

The PV has way to many neat features and usefulness to leave it laying on the bench.
Kind of what I thought after getting it......Do you use it often or just nice to have it in case?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was not going to mount mine. I saw the video on how to set the gauges and thought how cool that would be to use on a long trip. I am leaving for Ten. Thursday. Its mounted and ready to go.
Would like to hear your thoughts after using it on a trip......

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Kind of what I thought after getting it......Do you use it often or just nice to have it in case?

Its there and running at all times displaying my choice of gauges as I ride. There are 4 screens of digital gauges(20 readings total I believe) that you can scroll through at will while riding. You can pick and choose(from approx. 30 available ecm signals), what readings you want and how/where to display them. I'm an information hound, and gearhead, I like knowing what's going on.
Besides the gauges, it's also an auto tuner, mileage/trip computer, a code reader and probably a couple other things I'm forgetting. The Power Vision is constantly evolving, Dynojet is adding features as they go which are included in free firmware updates.
Money well spent IMO.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I guess I need to start looking for a mount so I can at lest try it...it is a safety issue after all:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have mine mounted, I like to use the gauges. Have it mounted with the mount from fuel moto on the left side of gauges. I think this winter I will take out the volt gauge mount it in that hole, and lose the air temp gauge and mount my 660 gps in that hole to clean up the bars.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Mounted mine with the mount from FM on bars just below and left of the speedo....fairly hard to read in sunlight but useful info with the gauges.... If I leave the bike in a strange place I remove it and lock it away. :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Mounted mine with the mount from FM on bars just below and left of the speedo....fairly hard to read in sunlight but useful info with the gauges.... If I leave the bike in a strange place I remove it and lock it away. :)
If you set your gauges up like tddkart suggested, with the black (night time) background and white numbers you may be able to see them better in day light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts