Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody do Mountainfest in Morgantown WV? Any tips or
Suggestions? Where to stay? Great rides in area?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
3x's in fact the wife and i got married at triple s the first year at the new location. lots of great roads !! we always stayed at the econo lodge off of 79 exit 152 go to the far end either side and take over the pic-nick tables. Archies is a good stop in town.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Believe me, you want to stay at the Chestnut Boutique Hotel in Morgantown!

No place else even comes close!

They have big bar on the roof with giant hot tubs! The parking garage attaches to the hotel and you can actually ride your bike right up to the bar!

We stayed there for Mountainfest and our entire group agreed that the hotel was the single biggest hit of the trip! Nothing better than being able to party to your hearts content after a day of riding and not have to worry about getting to the hotel!:grin:

Make sure you get rooms on the fourth floor, then you can walk right ought of your room and into the bar! I was worried it would be too loud, but it was not.

Great little place to eat breakfast right across the street.

hotel morgantown wv, boutique suites west virginia, The Chestnut Hotel

https://www.facebook.com/RocktopNights

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well that sounds perfect, thanks.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Those that have been to this prior, is it worth just a day trip down and back?
Depends on what you like. The cost of a one day pass to Milan Park is too high to suit me. Triple S usually has a few different bands on the free stage each day. Some of the vendors set up at Archies in Saberton. It's about 3hrs each way for me and I've done a day trip a couple of times when I'm not interested in seeing the headline acts on Friday or Saturday night.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Upgrades

Well, a rainy mountainfest cost me some money. Went by the Cycle Solutions trailer to discuss a dyno tune, and ended up swapping the Race tuner for thundermax, swapped the fuel moto head pipe and CFR's for the D & D FatCat, added a Horsepower inc' 58mm throttle body so of course had to upgrade the stage 1 air cleaner to the bigger Stage 3 a/c. Also added the K & P Engineering lifetime oil filter which cools and flows more oil. While I was at it, the compensator was very noisy, so I had the Baker compensator put in.

End of the day, 102HP, 104TQ. My numbers from the harley dyno tune were 93 and 109, but after riding it, the Harley Dyno numbers I call bullshit on. This girl's a beast now. I'm very happy.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Well, a rainy mountainfest cost me some money. Went by the Cycle Solutions trailer to discuss a dyno tune, and ended up swapping the Race tuner for thundermax, swapped the fuel moto head pipe and CFR's for the D & D FatCat, added a Horsepower inc' 58mm throttle body so of course had to upgrade the stage 1 air cleaner to the bigger Stage 3 a/c. Also added the K & P Engineering lifetime oil filter which cools and flows more oil. While I was at it, the compensator was very noisy, so I had the Baker compensator put in.

End of the day, 102HP, 104TQ. My numbers from the harley dyno tune were 93 and 109, but after riding it, the Harley Dyno numbers I call bullshit on. This girl's a beast now. I'm very happy.
Impressive.
I did not make the trip for the day down as the weather was shit all day here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts