Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Road Glide Ultra and added LED Lighting all the way around. With Conversion kit to remove tourpak, license plate up high looks funky, so I bought a Street Glide Light Bar (Harley P/N 73314-10) to replace my stock lightbar on the rear fender, enabling me to mount my license plate BELOW the Lightbar. Only problem is that the wiring is NOT "Plug & Play" or anything close as there is ONE large connector on the SG lightbar and two small ones on the stock RGU lightbar that pug into the tail light. HAs anyone got a simple solution? Looks like only option is to start cutting wires and splicing, which is not fun and a little risky.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I have a 2013 Road Glide Ultra and added LED Lighting all the way around. With Conversion kit to remove tourpak, license plate up high looks funky, so I bought a Street Glide Light Bar (Harley P/N 73314-10) to replace my stock lightbar on the rear fender, enabling me to mount my license plate BELOW the Lightbar. Only problem is that the wiring is NOT "Plug & Play" or anything close as there is ONE large connector on the SG lightbar and two small ones on the stock RGU lightbar that pug into the tail light. HAs anyone got a simple solution? Looks like only option is to start cutting wires and splicing, which is not fun and a little risky.
I did this back in 2012 when I bought my RGU. I used a light bar from a 2009 street glide and it was plug an play it had the two small plugs which plugged into the taillight. You could take the large plug apart and take the small plugs apart on you RGU light bar and rewire the street glide bar with the small plugs. Another option is go back to HD and order the new small plugs and pins if needed, remove the large plug and wire the street glide bar with new small plugs. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts