Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is industrial velcro enough to hold the amp in place if I mount it on one of the sides of the inner fairing slightly tucked behind the glove box? It wont fit on the radio clear the fairing.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Think the glue will give up with amp heat and weight. Using the J&M 4 ch amp like the plate design may can fabricate one from stainless or aluminum plate.
$_3.jpg

·
Registered
330 Posts
Is industrial velcro enough to hold the amp in place if I mount it on one of the sides of the inner fairing slightly tucked behind the glove box? It wont fit on the radio clear the fairing.
I wouldn't trust velcro to hold ANYTHING on the inside of the fairing! doesn't the amp mfg'er have a mount plate for your bike?
Make a mount plate to mount your amp like that for Hogtunes amps. I think you can buy a plate from them....

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
Hawgwired started selling a mount within the last year, however, I've been using velcro since 07 with no problems.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
998 Posts
3m makes a product called a hook and loop fastener, or something like that. I mounted my Hawg Wired amp in the fairing two years ago has not come loose yet. It is kind of like velcro but more heavy duty. I used it to mount the first amp I had and difficult time removing it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Have used velcro in fairing for arc, and sound stream amps for 6 yrs none have fell off. Have mounted my crossovers this way also.

After selling a couple bikes and having to remove my stereo components. It was a bitch to pull apart.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
My Hawg Wired is in with velcor and no issues whatsoever. What amp are you trying to install. I would not trust velcor with a J&M as it is a lot heavier than my HW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts