Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering getting an action camera for Christmas. Do any of you have any experience mounting a GoPro-like suction cup to the front or sides of the RG fairing? There seems to be some spots that are flat enough, just curious if it’s been done. Most of the vids I have seen are mounts from the handlebars or front/rear crash bars.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I’m considering getting an action camera for Christmas. Do any of you have any experience mounting a GoPro-like suction cup to the front or sides of the RG fairing? There seems to be some spots that are flat enough, just curious if it’s been done. Most of the vids I have seen are mounts from the handlebars or front/rear crash bars.

Thanks.
The only place I have ever suctioned a mount to is on the top and sides of saddlebags. To get video forward I have a clamp that goes on the handlebars that I then put a Gopro Session on. I can also use that same clamp on the engine guard. It helps that I have 13" ape hangers to get it over the fairing/windshield but if you didn't have tall bars they actually sell a mount that takes the place of one of the windshield screws and that will help you get it up front and forward facing. I like the handlebar options because I can turn my camera 180 degrees and get a view of us riding.

If you are going to try the fairing option I highly recommend getting some plastic coated tether cables just in case the suction comes loose. I use those on my saddlebags when using the suction mount.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I looked into this and ended up getting a dash cam. No battery life to worry about, no getting lost or stolen when you forget it or just going for a minute. It's always there, front and rear. It's always recording. Just have to remember to get the video you want to keep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
I looked into this and ended up getting a dash cam. No battery life to worry about, no getting lost or stolen when you forget it or just going for a minute. It's always there, front and rear. It's always recording. Just have to remember to get the video you want to keep.

Which dash cam setup did you go with?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Which dash cam setup did you go with?
Innovv K2. It seemed to be well liked and good video to keep. I have 2 512gig cards that I swap after a trip so I can use the laptop to copy. I put one under the tour pak. The front I was going to put under the fairing but ended up bolting it to the windshield screw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts