Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking the upgrage my tunes and decided to go with the soundstream pn4.520..I will butI really don't want to install it in my saddlebag. Can u possibly tell me if there's someone who makes a mounting bracket for it. Thanx in advance!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just mounted 2 Soundstream PN2.350D in my fairing using HDonuts amp brackets... Still had an inch or 2 left on the mounting plates.... Might check the PN4.520's dimensions You might just need a short extension. Here's a Pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx a lot for that reply. Pic looks GREAT!!! I've seen the name H Donut b4 but I can't remember where. Anychance u may know how I can run him down? How do u like the amps?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanx a lot for that reply. Pic looks GREAT!!! I've seen the name H Donut b4 but I can't remember where. Anychance u may know how I can run him down? How do u like the amps?
I'm still in progress.... Decided to buy an alpine 149bt last weekend, I'm also installing CVO drop bags and Hog tunes speaker lids.... While it was tore down I decided to install the Iron Aces mount with a Garmin GPS..... One thing leads to another so I'm hoping to have it back together this weekend or next weekend..... Hdonut's link is below.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=23958&highlight=bracket

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a plate that I traced the outline of my bracket that I made for my SoundStream PN520 that will mount it to the side of your fairing. I put heavy duty velrco on the back to keep it from rattling and the turn sig studs sandwich it between the inner and outer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I just mounted 2 Soundstream PN2.350D in my fairing using HDonuts amp brackets... Still had an inch or 2 left on the mounting plates.... Might check the PN4.520's dimensions You might just need a short extension. Here's a Pic.
The PN520 that he wants is longer and will not fit those brackets, I already tried..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a plate that I traced the outline of my bracket that I made for my SoundStream PN520 that will mount it to the side of your fairing. I put heavy duty velrco on the back to keep it from rattling and the turn sig studs sandwich it between the inner and outer.
That pic looks great! Once I get the ss I'm going to try to bolt it to the bracket that the PBR mounts no. If I cant get it to work, r u fabricating them?

·
Registered
341 Posts
That pic looks great! Once I get the ss I'm going to try to bolt it to the bracket that the PBR mounts no. If I cant get it to work, r u fabricating them?
The brackets that hdounut makes will not work, I had one and tried to see if it would work and it wouldnt so I sold it on here. I can send you the traced out plate that you could cut out for $20 or I could cut it out for $40. I will take a pic tomorrow while I am out in the shop. Let me know

·
Registered
290 Posts
I just bought the soundstream 4.52d amp haven't received it yet but am planning on mounting it like jim did,i made a template of the hogtunes one I took out and will use that,jim what guage steel did u use?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The brackets that hdounut makes will not work, I had one and tried to see if it would work and it wouldnt so I sold it on here. I can send you the traced out plate that you could cut out for $20 or I could cut it out for $40. I will take a pic tomorrow while I am out in the shop. Let me know
I will definitely get back with u in I can't get the one that I have to work. Hopefully I will have my amp by mon r tues to get started. Thanx again

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Lookin forward to getting it mounted

·
Registered
196 Posts
This is a perfectly timed thread! I just ordered a set of Hertz HCX 165s and the Soundstream Pn4.520d... I'll have to use that mounting method.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Ready to ship

BTW you may need to enlarge the amp mounting holes on the bracket, I can't remember the size drill screws I used. Also while you are at the hardware store get the strongest velcro you can find to help hold it to your Inner fairing while the Outer is off and so it wont rattle.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts