Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting ready to mount my 6x9 Polk MM's in my Hog Tunes Speaker Lids. Now I have to figure out the best way to mount the passive crossover in the bags (probably 3"x3". Velcro or double sided tape seems obvious but I'm worried about them staying stuck during hot weather..

I was thinking of making some kind of mounting plate that the bag screw goes through that attaches to the frame... (upgraded Bag hardware).

Any thoughts or ideas from the pro's on what will and won't work.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If you're amp is being installed inside the fairing I would mount the x/overs inside the fairing shrink wrap the speakers leads run then down the back bone to the speakers terminals. Either way if you're mounting you're amp inside the fairing you're gonna have to run wires down to them.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I have the Polk MMs in my lids now, I simply used the two sided adhesive they came with and haven't had a problem in the year they've been there.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Polk MMs in my lids now, I simply used the two sided adhesive they came with and haven't had a problem in the year they've been there.
Sent from my SPH-L710
Did you mount them on the backside of the lid or on the side of the bags? Maybe I'll give the double sided tape a try.

I used Deutsch connectors to make taking my bags on and off a breeze.
I've got 2 deutsch connectors that I'm wiring under each of the side covers to help make saddlebag removal easier.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts

Sent from my SPH-L710
+1 with an addition. On several projects which I used 2-sided adhesive, I have also added a thin bead of black silicone. Never lost a part and I can still peel the parts off if I need to change anything.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Did you mount them on the backside of the lid or on the side of the bags? Maybe I'll give the double sided tape a try.

I've got 2 deutsch connectors that I'm wiring under each of the side covers to help make saddlebag removal easier.
On the backside of the lid right behind the speaker.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I mounted my crossovers on the inside of the lid, under the teather strap. Can't really be seen when the bag is open, mounted with 2 sided tape, and no issues, been on about a yearish, and took the beating out to SWIII and the heat

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the backside of the lid right behind the speaker.

Sent from my SPH-L710
I mounted my crossovers on the inside of the lid, under the teather strap. Can't really be seen when the bag is open, mounted with 2 sided tape, and no issues, been on about a yearish, and took the beating out to SWIII and the heat
Thank you guys.... This is exactly where I was thinking of mounting mine... Besides the double sided tape that comes with the MM's any recommendations on the best tape or Velcro that will hold up to heat?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Thank you guys.... This is exactly where I was thinking of mounting mine... Besides the double sided tape that comes with the MM's any recommendations on the best tape or Velcro that will hold up to heat?
3m grey. Not the white.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts