Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone do this? My 2010 has a small round plug to plug in a aux unit. I'm looking for suggestions. I know nothing about these. I don't have a ipod or smart phone. Can I use a low priced player, fill it with my old cd's and plug it in?

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
before i sprung for the ipod controller, i used a samsun sansa disk mp3 player. it's small, has an option for a micro sd card, is easy to use, and is pretty cheap.

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
I used the same thing as the previous posts but in my truck. It's nothing fancy at all but for about $35 who cares. The SD card I used to hold all my songs was more expensive than that mp3 player. Now I stream my music through bluetooth from my phone

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you have a smart phone, you can use it for your music and as a gps. I use a Samsung Galaxy IIIs, the Verizon music app (they're my carrier, any service provider probably has their own), and the bing maps app. Plug an adapter from your phone to the aux input jack on the head unit, start the music app then go to the map app and start the directions. when you come to a turn, the map app will over ride the music, give you the directions, then return to the song. Only issue so far is the battery gets depleted pretty quickly and you have to run a separate charger. Just haven't routed the charger cable inside the glove box yet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a smart phone, you can use it for your music and as a gps. I use a Samsung Galaxy IIIs, the Verizon music app (they're my carrier, any service provider probably has their own), and the bing maps app. Plug an adapter from your phone to the aux input jack on the head unit, start the music app then go to the map app and start the directions. when you come to a turn, the map app will over ride the music, give you the directions, then return to the song. Only issue so far is the battery gets depleted pretty quickly and you have to run a separate charger. Just haven't routed the charger cable inside the glove box yet.
As stated in my first post, no smart phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts