Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at their website and apparently there is a fee for the riding this. It is planned as one of our day rides according to the itinerary that Northwoods Maine typed up for us that I emailed out to everyone on the registration list.

Just wanted to pass this along for those who are budgeting their trip. $16 per bike/rider and $8 for passenger

http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/drive-yourself/

·
Registered
743 Posts
Thanks for the info TracyB. A lot like Mt Evans road here in Colorado and I'm sure the views are just as worth it!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Must have bumped it up, think I payed 20 dolla last August for me and the bride.

Big gift shop across the road from the entrance filled with Mt Washington stuff. Usually has some "Ride to the Sky" motorcylce themed shirts left over from Laconia. Different shirt design every year for the Rally.

it aint that bad :D

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Thanks for the note. I thought this sounds like a great ride. Looking forward to it!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,683 Posts
Well the wife just watched a video on you tube. Ain't happen. Hellno

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Does that mean she's afraid of heights ... or your riding skills? :D If it's a fairly clear day the views are well worth the heart palpitations!

There will be a 2-3 other ride options in addition to Mt. Washington. I'll be doing one of those simply because I've done the "Road to the Clouds" several times ... as recently as 2 years ago with one of our members here - Springer Todd.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
& thanks Northwoods for all you've done pulling this together. My wife & I are really looking forward to the trip!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I like the way the one sounds. Should be fun! Heart palpitations got my attention.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
They also have a Cog railroad troll the will take you up the mountain too u you don't want to ride up or down. It's funny cuz you can smell the burning brakes on the cars coming down the mountain

·
7,683 Posts
& thanks Northwoods for all you've done pulling this together. My wife & I are really looking forward to the trip!
I believe the only thing that can ruin the good time is ...shall I say it? RAIN. Shhh!

Everyone needs to have a good thought for good weather. Sunny and warm around 75-82 degree highs would be wonderful in the mountains. Plan to dress in layers as it'll get pretty cool not long after the sun goes down and first thing in the mornings. GMAN and I talked just this morning. We're getting all jacked up just reading about the anticipation that's growing among the membership.

·
7,683 Posts
I was just sitting here reminiscing about the time I hiked to the top of Mt. Washington via Tuckerman's Ravine Trail. Then my memories were rudely interrupted by the reality of the fact that that was about 45 years and 60 lbs. ago! Damned.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Does that mean she's afraid of heights ... or your riding skills? :D If it's a fairly clear day the views are well worth the heart palpitations!

There will be a 2-3 other ride options in addition to Mt. Washington. I'll be doing one of those simply because I've done the "Road to the Clouds" several times ... as recently as 2 years ago with one of our members here - Springer Todd.
I can't repeat what she said. I'd get banned from the site.:D But she did say that when she want's heart palpitations all she has to do is look at my visa bill and my to do list.:eek:

·
7,683 Posts
The only safety tip I'd give everyone is that there are signs at the top telling you to use low gear on the way down to allow your motor's compression to slow you down. Heed the warning or else you'll find yourself with overheated brakes (or worse) a 1/3 of the way down. Anyone can do this ride, it's not hard, you just have to pay attention.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts