Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took a 3 day ride around NH and the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont this week, with a side trip into Quebec. Stayed in Gorham the 1st night, woke up to clear skies and no wind, so we decided to run up the rockpile.

Found a train on top after we got up there.

Headed down

[

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

Went over the Kanc east to west to Lincoln/Woodstock, then
rode up thru Twin Mtn and up into the Northeast Kingdom
Spent the night in Island Pond VT.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Then up to Quebec to Valcourt and the J Armand Bombardier museum which is across the street from the giant BRP factory where they build Ski-Doo snowmobiles, Sea-Doo's, Can Am ATV and Spyder trikes.

The original shop

Museum entrance

Pretty cool stuff in there if you're from snow country.
Indian motorcycle engine in this 1934 experiment.

I have actually ridden one of these.

Lunch in Sherbrooke, rode 212 back to Coburn Gore border crossing,home by 7pm. Just short of 700 miles, but I'm all about stopping and gawking, not how many miles I can rack on the clock.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Before moving across the country I would go up to Island Pond a few times a year for over 20 years. My aunt owned a house on the lake. One of my most favorite places in the world.

I've also been to Sherbrooke a number of times... Fun place.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
13% according to the literature. Wasnt a very long section. Brushed smooth and no loose gravel.

·
Registered
7,204 Posts
Good times man. Was up there a few years ago with some buddies. Wasnt as nice of a day as you guys had though. At the top it was about 50° and misting rain. Got to get back up there again

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts