Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to build my own mufflers for may bike would there be any interest in me posting the build with pics
built just about ever thing else from show cars to motors but never build my own mufflers i guess it is one of those thing i need to try

·
Registered
526 Posts
It's a great idea....You never know, you may get a few orders from others here on the forum to build some for them....Lets see it :)

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
I will subscribe. I build things vicaiously through others... I know I don't have the skills, but I certainly have appreciation for those that do.

Rowdy

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good i will get material here in a day or so i will make a list and cost of it, take pics
AND LET THE BUILDING BEGIN

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it. I've made a lot of sets of pipes in the past, but never made mufflers. Going to be cool to see how its done.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 inch pipe showed but all other parts not here until monday
jegs 4x4 21.99 for pipe i order 2 which i think will be useing only 1 so with shipping we have $53.97 i order 16 guage but come 15 guage should be ok
part number 555-30613
going to do turn down i have a set of harley tips i will be useing

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ok parts showed up we have taken the 4 inch pipe and cut 13" sections for the main muffler body
parts suppled by CONE ENGINEERING INC
2"OD X 4" OD X 3" LONG REVERSE CONE 2 PCS PRICE 22.60 PLUS SHIPPING
ADVANCE AUTO 2"OD X 13/4ID ADPTR 2 PCS PRICE $6.84 WITH TAX
HOW BAFFLES WILL BE HERE TODAY THEN OFF TO FRIENDS GARAGE TO HAVE HIM MOCK UP FOR FIRST FIT
I NEVER LEARNED TO WELD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Can't wait to see them all chromed out!

How did you attach the baffle? Welded in or with some sort of bolts/nuts?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can't wait to see them all chromed out!

How did you attach the baffle? Welded in or with some sort of bolts/nuts?
weld them in but you could of bolted but with the tip i have on them i could not take out with out cutting muffler open

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very nice. I just might build a set of my own too.

BTW, is that a wire sponge you wrapped around the baffles? If so, its bad idea, those burn out in mufflers. Did that mistake when i wrapped my Cobra baffles, I suggest using a fiberglass muffler packing, those are all over ebay.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts