Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after some issues with the AIM slave cylinder I sent it back. Reduced effort was nice but the friction zone changed for the worse after a few hundred miles. I put the Muller on. A few differences in both products. Muller reuses the stock spring and cover. You have to remove these from your stock slave. Will post in a bit after I see how it goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the stock bleeder screw. I went to Eastern Performance (real popular online store in Maryland) and they were sold out. I did cut the clutch dress cover about a half inch at the bottom. Now i wont have to loosen the exhaust and remove the heat shields if i have to get back in it. You cant even see the cut. Clutch feels good but I have some honey dos before i can take it for for a real test ride. It looks like a solid product. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4,443 Posts
A good install video on YouTube, not in English to you get the point.

Keeping an eye on the mueller unit, been reading about a few aim failures and unhappy customers.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Do you know how the 2 compare? My wrists start to scream when stuck in traffic lately and I am considering these options. Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do you know how the 2 compare? My wrists start to scream when stuck in traffic lately and I am considering these options. Thanks
I’ve got no experience with the AIM unit but they are pretty much the same in reduced pull. I’ve read that one forum member was able to compare side by side on two bikes and claimed the AIM felt like a lighter pull. I’ve been stuck in construction traffic on our trip out the other day and it felt great to have the lighter pull. Muller claims 40% reduced pull.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Where the friction zone is located on the lever is not really a function of the slave cylinder. And because the system self adjusts, that point on the lever is going to move. If you spend some time in the twisties, and are short pulling the lever, the zone will move out. Full pull the lever a few times, and it will move back. And while the larger slave piston will make it seem as if the zone has moved, really its just taking more pull to move the clutch pushrod the same distance as before. The zone was not actually altered.

To move the friction zone permanently, you need to adjust the shim below the damper spring in the clutch pack. Its that little spring that gives you the friction zone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So far Muller seems great. It actually feels a little smoother than the Aims. Friction zone feels good as well. More like my old TC as far as the engagement.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A coworker who's got some nerve issues in his hands installed one of these and loves it. We've since sold about half a dozen of them. It makes a significant difference. Probably gonna put one in mine sooner or later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts