Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As I peruse the RGF on my Galaxy Note wishing I was riding my RGS and putting even more miles on it instead of sitting here in my dentist's office waiting for my go-time for them to work on my grill, I decided to think pleasant moto-thoughts and thought: How many of my HD bros and sis out there own AND ride more than one HD right now?...and why? How many also own and ride another brand?...and why?

I'm down to two...my '15 RGS and my '00 ZX12R...down from six (sporbikes and dualsports) which went down to three (touring, sportbike, dualsport) then down to these two....haven't ridden the sportbike in a long while now cuz haven't had the need for hyper speed lately, just the comfort and cruise of my RGS. Might wanna one day pickup an ADVbike and maybe home-grow a bobster or a pseudo-cafe streetster or a chopster or ?????.....there I go again....hoarding motorcycles lol

I know...I know....mental masturbation lol....but what say you?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 1996 dyna low rider and my 13RGU, the low rider is just plain fun but I'm getting too old to enjoy long rides on it so she sits lonely in the garage crying alot
Maybe Sell the lowrider, put the money into your RGS to make it even better, or use it for seed money to put together a reliable "newstalgia" hack you just know you'll be riding one day cuz you're not getting younger (hence the low rider not being ridden) and you'll refuse to NOT be riding something HDmoto-related when you're even older and need a 3rd wheel to be able to ride and stay safer....well, that's what I'd do if it was my low rider...and that's my personal future moto riding plan ;)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
there is a sad story behind that low rider, my wife had taken the loan on that bike because my financial situation back in 96, there was one year left on the loan when she died from cancer in 2000 and i found that the loan was insured, so the last gift she ever gave me was that bike, they may bury me with that bike but I will never ever sell it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
there is a sad story behind that low rider, my wife had taken the loan on that bike because my financial situation back in 96, there was one year left on the loan when she died from cancer in 2000 and i found that the loan was insured, so the last gift she ever gave me was that bike, they may bury me with that bike but I will never ever sell it.
I believe we are speechless.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Currently have '01 FXDWG2 Switchblade, '05 SEEG, and "The SHORT BUS".

'Getting old as I don't ride the Dyna much anymore, she will be looking for a new home soon...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I have a 2008 FLTR RG Mirage Orange Pearl & 2009 FLTRSE3 CVO RG Electric Orange & Black. I don't drive a cage so I decided I needed a spare in case one is down.
Beside I really like RG's that are orange!!!

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,454 Posts
I plan to add a 2nd bike to the garage next February, provided I get my bonus as expected (numbers looking solid at mid-year). I enjoy riding to work, but it's dusty and dirty and the RGU is a #$%ch to clean every day. Was originally thinking a sporty, but think I might splurge a little more and pick up a Dyna of some sort. The low-riders have my interest as well as fat-bob's. Just depends on how much $ I have and what the market looks like.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhh....don't blame you for keeping it...poignant story about love and Harley...nice.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just added another bike. A 15 Low Rider. My thought was it is lighter than my RG and my age factor, that it would be a change of pace for some day rides. At least that's the story I told my wife for getting another bike. I had a Low Rider in the past and always liked it. Only 200 miles on it so far but it's a keeper.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
I have a 1996 FB and the 2013 RGU. While many bikes have come and gone the FB is still here. Wife and I had to much fun on it to ever let it go.
Last Friday I ordered a side car for the FB. None of the install will hard the Fb it will still be 99% pure

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have in the stable 1982 FXRS (Sunday Driver)a Road King cause sometimes I want to go topless and the Road Glide Ultra which I can dress it up for touring or strip it and ride Pack Less. And a quad for the dirt and snow.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Yes very sad, don't blame you for keeping it my friend

unfortunately there are so many horrible cancer stories, mine is just one of many.
unfortunately. Lost both my parents to cancer, my mom was only 41

Sorry for going off topic, my other rides currently are: 1999 Dyna Wide Glide with a 117" build & a custom rigid chopper with a 117" Evo, both fun
Pic of chopper

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nordic Berserker...I really like your chop...I especially like the shape of the tank...beauty!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.