Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've had both....I used a Mustang seat with a backrest and now when buying the 2017 I am using the factory seat (modded by mean city cycles) and a harley backrest (guess I need to get around to selling the Mustang). Anyhow, I have been happy with both. My Mustang is not as adjustable (although it does have a bolt that moves it up or back) whereas the Harley one is fully adjustable. It's hard to predict how happy you would be with each as everyBODY is different.

One thing is for sure, I will ALWAYS have a backrest

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ive had HD, Corbin and now have the Mustang backrest. Corbin has been my favorite of the 3. Keep in mind that I have the Mustang seat with the backrest which I can adjust up and down and front to back. The mustang is not bad for me, the Corbin just fit me better. I don't think you would go wrong with the mustang. As SharkBite said, everybodys different, just have to try one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had both and love the mustang setup. The HD was wobbly and not very attractive with a boot that covers the hardware. The mustang is much better. Easily removable and more attractive. My girlfriend and I both have the mustang and it is great. I have it on my Road Glide and she has it on her Fat Bob Just put 900miles on them this past weekend and no complaints.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Looking at getting this for a rider backrest. https://amzn.com/B001P4HTBI

Should I shell out for the HD one?

I'd say no. Had a Mustang and a Harley on various HD touring bikes. On my 2011, I bought a Mustang backrest to go with my Harley seat. Very happy. My 2015 has a Mustang seat and backrest. Still happy. Nothing wrong with the Harley if you want to spend the coin.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I just got my bike back from the mechanic and installed this bad boy... All I can say is what a disappointment. I am so sad that my bike was at the mechanic so long I am out of the return window.

The adjustment knob just dug into my back something fierce. I am going to pull the adjustment knob off completely and see if that helps but I am so surprised no one mentioned this in any online review.

Have any of you run into the trouble I am mentioning? Thoughts?

·
Registered
623 Posts
So I just got my bike back from the mechanic and installed this bad boy... All I can say is what a disappointment. I am so sad that my bike was at the mechanic so long I am out of the return window.

The adjustment knob just dug into my back something fierce. I am going to pull the adjustment knob off completely and see if that helps but I am so surprised no one mentioned this in any online review.

Have any of you run into the trouble I am mentioning? Thoughts?
The one I had was only adjustable by screwing or unscrewing a bolt-type thing on the back side of the backrest. If the adjustment knob is digging into your back, it seems to me the backrest would just need to be brought lower down towards the seat? I can't imagine why it would be in line with your back.

Anyhow, I finally got around to properly installing the Harley one on my new bike and it's just as good as the Mustang one was (really putting this on here for anybody else that reads the thread). The 'back' of it isn't as attractive as the Mustang one was but nevertheless, it sure is comfortable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts