Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a one piece Super tour with the riders back rest and am wanting to get a solo seat. I rarely ever have a passenger, since my wife has her own ride. I have zERO complaints on the Super Tour except the fact that it has such a large pillion.

Just not sure what the best option is. The Super Solo is basically the same comfy seat I have in the solo version, but it is still kind of Burkey looking. The wide tripper with the diamond stitch is a great looking seat, but given it’s thinner/closer to the frame, and a smaller stature set, I question comfort.

When I do make the purchase, I am planning to sell what I have and buy the matching pillion piece for that once a year my daughter is in town and wants to go for a ride.

I guess what I am looking for is some experiences with one or both of these seats, how they are comfort wise, and some pics. Ideally, I would really like to see each on with a pointed rear sissybar

·
Registered
300 Posts
I currently have a one piece Super tour with the riders back rest and am wanting to get a solo seat. I rarely ever have a passenger, since my wife has her own ride. I have zERO complaints on the Super Tour except the fact that it has such a large pillion.

Just not sure what the best option is. The Super Solo is basically the same comfy seat I have in the solo version, but it is still kind of Burkey looking. The wide tripper with the diamond stitch is a great looking seat, but given it’s thinner/closer to the frame, and a smaller stature set, I question comfort.

When I do make the purchase, I am planning to sell what I have and buy the matching pillion piece for that once a year my daughter is in town and wants to go for a ride.

I guess what I am looking for is some experiences with one or both of these seats, how they are comfort wise, and some pics. Ideally, I would really like to see each on with a pointed rear sissybar

I have the Super Solo with detachable backrest, absolutely love it, I think it looks really nice, i dont have studs or any decorations just plain

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mustang-super-solo-seat-with-driver-backrest-for-harley-touring-2008-2017

If I knew how to post large pics I would get you a close up

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,947 Posts
I'm 6'3" and nearly 300 lbs. and I've been riding the diamond stitch Wide Tripper with matching pillion for 20,000 miles with no complaints. I may not offer quite as much "all day comfort" as a couple of their other seats, but I find the tripper to be very comfortable for consecutive 350+ mile days, and looks much better than some of their more touring oriented seats. One word of caution, if you don't intend to use their backrest, try to special order one without the backrest base "bracket". I found the base to be an irritant on my XL lower back and sent it back to have the backrest bracket/base removed. They did so without charge and it made a huge difference for me. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm 6'3" and nearly 300 lbs. and I've been riding the diamond stitch Wide Tripper with matching pillion for 20,000 miles with no complaints. I may not offer quite as much "all day comfort" as a couple of their other seats, but I find the tripper to be very comfortable for consecutive 350+ mile days, and looks much better than some of their more touring oriented seats. One word of caution, if you don't intend to use their backrest, try to special order one without the backrest base "bracket". I found the base to be an irritant on my XL lower back and sent it back to have the backrest bracket/base removed. They did so without charge and it made a huge difference for me. Hope this helps a little.
Did you buy a backrest model, or is the receiver in all of the seats from the factory? Reason I ask is I have a backrest for my supertour, and If I could reuse that it wil save me close to $200.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I have a Mustang solo seat with backrest on my bike (pictures here - https://www.roadglide.org/album.php?albumid=6017) and the detachable pillion seat. I can't remember which Mustang, but wide regal comes to mind. Pictures show it solo with a sissy bar and 2 up with a chopped tour-pak.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I also use the Super Solo with backrest, I like it. Pretty comfortable and doesn't look too bulky in my opinion but we all know how opinions are....

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,947 Posts
Did you buy a backrest model, or is the receiver in all of the seats from the factory? Reason I ask is I have a backrest for my supertour, and If I could reuse that it wil save me close to $200.

Thanks!
I definitely didn't order a back rest model - I assume they put that bracket in all their seats. Give Mustang a call with your questions, I found them to be excellent to work with.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have had the Mustang solo & 2up w/BR and both are good BUT, I decided to try the Saddleman Dominator solo as I thought it looked kool and some reviews I read, I added the Mustang backrest and WOW great seat for long rides,(very comfortable & low profile) I added the pillon for the wife and she is good with it (no complaints).

I know you are asking about the Mustang specifically, just a little FYI.

Colin

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts