Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it goes , looking to upgrade to this Mustang super tourer seat #79538 , i took a trip with the ole lady and she decided that she doesn't like my Mustang sport tourer anymore, :frown: so it will soon be sold i am sure , and i am wondering if any of you members out there are running this seat, its either this or a HD hammock seat but i keep hearing about the webbing coming loose on these. I am on my third Mustang seat and probably my fourth real soon. The sport tourer served me well, but i want to make it comfy for her so we can take some more trips together in the near future, reviews or opinions on the Super tourer would be great before i purchase. Thanks.:nerd:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a Mustang Vintage Super Touring Seat,Had it on my 11 Street Glide,When I was looking at my new Road Glide Special,First thing I asked is if my Seat would fit.Took my mustang off my SG an put it on my RGS when I got home from the dealer.My wife loves this Seat very Comfy,An it dose not shove me ahead like some seats,I actually sit back about inch an half over stock seat.Went on a 400 mi. weekend trip this past Fri.Great ride with this new RGS With the Seat it makes a big Difference.You sit in a Great Position That really helps out with your back an my Wife never complains about this Seat.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that's good news, the sport you're is comfy but she said it's too narrow for her she wanted something wider, I had an ultra tour on my kawi Vulcan which she loved, so I guess I am gonna order one tonight.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the order is in, new super tour mustang seat on the way, guess next week my sport tour seat complete with backrest and mounting bracket will be in the parts section for sale, gotta keep the ole lady happy on a long trip, considering how much she liked our Lake George get away last week, and shes up for another next year :grin: i will post a review as soon as it arrives and gets tested out. Hope the forum has the bugs fixed so i can post pics by then.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Mustang Vintage Super Touring Seat,Had it on my 11 Street Glide,When I was looking at my new Road Glide Special,First thing I asked is if my Seat would fit.Took my mustang off my SG an put it on my RGS when I got home from the dealer.My wife loves this Seat very Comfy,An it dose not shove me ahead like some seats,I actually sit back about inch an half over stock seat.Went on a 400 mi. weekend trip this past Fri.Great ride with this new RGS With the Seat it makes a big Difference.You sit in a Great Position That really helps out with your back an my Wife never complains about this Seat.
Any pics please?:grin:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Heres A Couple

·
Registered
194 Posts
I put up 2 Pics only one is showing Having a lot of Problems With this site!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you looks great I can't wait to fry mine, nice bars too, I cant load any pics , website issues as well.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man you ain't kidding, beautiful color and the black looks sick, makes me want to trade up, maybe next year.

·
Registered
397 Posts

What are your dimensions, did you eliminate the heel shift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am 5"11 my wife is 5"8,Yea I got rid of my Heel Shifter,Always do on my bikes,I put floorboard extenders on sets the Floorboards out about an inch.

·
Registered
194 Posts
All they are is spacers an longer bolts,I think I got on E-Bay,The spacers are Black,I believe They are Kuryaken.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well took a ride on the new seat, and it's really nice, somewhat like my sport tour seat I removed but wider, and it does sit me back a bit, helps with me stretching my legs out a bit on the highway pegs, and most importantly the wife loves the wider pad, this is key to keep her in the saddle on longer rides, so this turned out to be a success. Now to find a new home for my sport tour with backrest.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just added the Vintage Super Touring to my RGU. Haven't even gone for a ride yet. The workmanship looks great, and it feels a lot more substantial than the stock seat. I've got to give credit to Mustang. When I ordered it they said they were out of stock and would take 4-6 weeks to deliver. The next day I got notification it would ship. Then it showed up a day early.
My next big trip is Labor Day weekend. Salt Lake to Torrey (Utah) to Kanab, to the Grand Canyon. It should be a lot nicer than the last trip on the stock seat.

OK..... edited post. I just did a quick ride, and all I can say, is if you have the stock seat you are really missing out. The Mustang seat is fantastic! When I sat on it in the garage I wasn't sold. It didn't take much to feel the difference.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Absolutely, stick seats IMO are cheap crap, not worthy of a long ride or tour, well worth the money, the more I ride with my super tour seat the more I realize I made a excellent choice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I’ve had the Super Tourer for two years. It’s a wide seat and will sit you back about 1.75 inches. It is a big improvement over the stock seat.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I just bought a Mustang Super Regal Tourer and love it. First Mustang and wonder why it was that I waited so long.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts