Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
What year was that on? 08 is a one off year for that seat. I know for sure. Mustang had to redesign the pan for the 09 and up.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
had on my 2015 road glide, mustang 2016 catalog list it as 08-16
I had an 08. I had that seat. Loved it. But it would not fit my 11. I tried. Just like the Harley Hammock for 08. Only fits the 08. A mustang rep on HDForums verified this. I'm not trying to kill your sale. Great seat. Good price. But it won't fit an 08. I'll try to find the post on hdforums. It's the frame on the 08. I originally bought a hammock for an 09. Had to return it. That 08 caused me grief when it came to seats. Just trying to save you and a buyer from the same thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thx , you may be right i don't know. In the catalog they have my seat 08-16, but lowdown vintage solo 09-16 if that means anything

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I had an 08. I had that seat. Loved it. But it would not fit my 11. I tried. Just like the Harley Hammock for 08. Only fits the 08. A mustang rep on HDForums verified this. I'm not trying to kill your sale. Great seat. Good price. But it won't fit an 08. I'll try to find the post on hdforums. It's the frame on the 08. I originally bought a hammock for an 09. Had to return it. That 08 caused me grief when it came to seats. Just trying to save you and a buyer from the same thing.
Maybe it's a mustang only issue and they have fixed it for the newer seats that came out? I have a '13 rgc stock seat on my 08. A Harley badlander that was on a '12 street glide and a factory low seat from '11 rgu all on my '08.

Sorry to hijack. I would love that seat, I seem to have a thing for seats. Haha. I am getting married in October and the bike funds have stopped. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Maybe it's a mustang only issue and they have fixed it for the newer seats that came out? I have a '13 rgc stock seat on my 08. A Harley badlander that was on a '12 street glide and a factory low seat from '11 rgu all on my '08.

Sorry to hijack. I would love that seat, I seem to have a thing for seats. Haha. I am getting married in October and the bike funds have stopped. Good luck with the sale.
All the Harley seats except the hammock are ok. And this Mustang Solo. The 2 seats I wanted for my 08. My luck.

Follow my link above on the Mustang. Go to HD site. You're going to find the 08 Hammock has its own PN#

I wish I had the cash. I'd buy this seat in a second.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Yours was a 79426 NOT a 79600. The 79600 is what I had on my 2010 for 2 years. Only took off to go wider and apparently the OP had it on a 15..hopefully a sale wasnt killed here...it WILL fit...

Get it James
Exactly. I only said it won't fit an 08. It will fit a 09 to a 16. If you followed the link.youll see the Mustang rep confirmed the frame change made them redesign the pan for 09 and later.

The sale is not killed. Like I said. If I had the extra cash I'd buy it for my 16.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Bump for a nice seat..

The Mustang rep said they couldnt guarantee fit, not that it wouldnt fit. They were recently trolling another thread over there..the seat did fit...

GLWS OP!!!

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
He may not check here too often. This was his first post here. But keep on him. It's a great seat.

·
Registered
248 Posts
If only it was brown!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts