Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, But I have bought stretched bags made by Fairing Factory for 2006 Flhxi. I was very happy with them. I think I paid $499.00

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Has anyone tried the Mutazu Stretched bags? Saw a set on eBay for $429, new. Wondering if anyone has dealt with them. Fit, ease of installation? Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yes I bought a st of the 4+" Mutazu bags off Ebay.....lids fit nicely and the install was just like OEM bags. They were vivid black but have been painted since then. :)

I also bought a tour pak from them and their customer service was great when it arrived with a cracked light lens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
From what I've read and talking with fellow members, they need alot of paint prep and quality is hit and miss. The extra coin to prep them is better spent on a higher quality bag that needs less prep.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Theres good and bad reviews on everything. You can give two different critics the exact same part to a T and one will love it and the other will hate it.

That being said, you get what you pay for doesnt always apply. Even the high dollar bags need lots of prep. Ive got a buddy with sinister bags that costed him >300 bux in prep to get them in primer. Ive heard stories of Top shop even taking a little to be ready as well. Dont always go by what one person says, beelieve none of what you hear and half of what you see.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Most people that receive a great product/service will not feel the need to write a review. On the other hand if you receive a poor product/service you want everyone to know.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Theres good and bad reviews on everything. You can give two different critics the exact same part to a T and one will love it and the other will hate it.

That being said, you get what you pay for doesnt always apply. Even the high dollar bags need lots of prep. Ive got a buddy with sinister bags that costed him >300 bux in prep to get them in primer. Ive heard stories of Top shop even taking a little to be ready as well. Dont always go by what one person says, beelieve none of what you hear and half of what you see.
Can't go off of sinister. There notorious for making a good product but taking a lot of prep work. Topshop are damn near paintable out of the box. As well as the cycle visions I got. Minimum body work. I think with bodywork it is very much you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just received two sets this week.

Mine were regular 4" stretched in Matte Black. The bags are solid. They were easy to install. My only compliant was that on the right saddlebag on the rear top corner there is a 1 1/2 inch long by 1/8 of an inch mark that is missing paint. Not a big deal as I am going to have them stripped and I will get it fixed at the same time.

My brothers set was a fat ass, 4" , in vivid black. Complete with hardware, locks. These seems thinner than mine and there was also a paint blemish on one of the bags. Also I find his bags are almost touching his pipes. He has V&h monster ovals.

The hardware kit works. Not as sturdy has OEM. The cover is made of cheap plastic chromed but works.

Overall a good experience for the price.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i am going to be purchasing a set this week anyone else have the bags or seen the quality of them. i purchased a set of there bag extensions while back and was happy with them.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
i am going to be purchasing a set this week anyone else have the bags or seen the quality of them. i purchased a set of there bag extensions while back and was happy with them.
No fitting issues out of the 12 sets I have bought for customers.. If you get them painted already the paint is cheap and sometimes blemished in small spots. Most of the time the paint is good for a few years of hard riding.

1 to 10 on quality they are prob a 7.. I cant justify to anyone to get bags that cost 1000+ ... Buddy has a set of bags and tourpak for 6 years and no issues..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Strange this thread didn't come up when I searched "Matuza stretched bags" so I wasted a new thread. Oh well, anyway thanks all for the reviews. I really like the idea of top shop bags but for $1300-$1500 painted it's hard to swallow. Even more so because the whole reason I'm looking for bags is I backed my Glide into a fence after washing it, front wheel locked and slid, so the right bag has a gash. I'd be lethally pissed if I backed a new top shop bag into something. Think I'll try Matuza. If they work well for a couple years I'll probably want to paint the bike anyway.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I purchased the mutazu fat ass stretched bags in vivid black. I am very happy with them. I also bought the additional hardware kit. The hardware kit, not as happy with. I had to put the latches in a vise to flatten them out a little so they would close correctly. the latch overs are cheap plastic and I ended up not using the locks because I didn't like having to carry an extra key. The cloth lid retainer is too short for the fatter bags and makes closing the lid difficult. and the hardware kit doesn't come with the seal to go on the lid.

If I had to do it again I probably would get the additional hardware, but it ended up coming in handy when the sprint on the oem latch broke.

The bags are big, I have lowering blocks and had to raise the bike to only 1 inch drop because I was dragging the bags too much. I added skid plates to keep from wearing out the bags. I can fit 2 gallons of milk in each bag and still have room.

Saddlebag guards about useless with the fat bags, except to help pick up the bike when you drop it in the parking lot. But the saddlebag held up ok.

The other downside with the big bags are, I bent the retaining spring on the quick release pins. I am not sure if i just got it in wrong or there was just too much weight on them. Coming home from Sturgis I hit a big bump and heard a noise. I looked down and saw the saddle bad sliding away from the bike down the highway at 75mph.

It was last at night and I was scared someone would run into it and get into an accident. I pulled off the road fast as I could and jumped off the bike. With my bike being lowered and the edge of the highway leaning into a ditch, as I jumped off, my bike fell over onto the other saddle bag. Found the bag in the median, still in one piece, scratched up, but I am still using it today. I was afraid the other bag would be broken from the bike falling on it, but it was ok. I have since replaced the quick release with nuts and bolts.

So, I have dropped the bike on each bag and had 1 of them fly down the highway and I am still using them.

Last month I cut a hole in each bag lid and mounted a 6x9 speaker. With the bags being so big, they are flat enough on the lid to top mount speakers with out any adapters.

customer service was good and they gave me a discount for being a forum member when I asked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I purchased the mutazu fat ass stretched bags in vivid black. I am very happy with them. I also bought the additional hardware kit. The hardware kit, not as happy with. I had to put the latches in a vise to flatten them out a little so they would close correctly. the latch overs are cheap plastic and I ended up not using the locks because I didn't like having to carry an extra key. The cloth lid retainer is too short for the fatter bags and makes closing the lid difficult. and the hardware kit doesn't come with the seal to go on the lid.

If I had to do it again I probably would get the additional hardware, but it ended up coming in handy when the sprint on the oem latch broke.

The bags are big, I have lowering blocks and had to raise the bike to only 1 inch drop because I was dragging the bags too much. I added skid plates to keep from wearing out the bags. I can fit 2 gallons of milk in each bag and still have room.

Saddlebag guards about useless with the fat bags, except to help pick up the bike when you drop it in the parking lot. But the saddlebag held up ok.

The other downside with the big bags are, I bent the retaining spring on the quick release pins. I am not sure if i just got it in wrong or there was just too much weight on them. Coming home from Sturgis I hit a big bump and heard a noise. I looked down and saw the saddle bad sliding away from the bike down the highway at 75mph.

It was last at night and I was scared someone would run into it and get into an accident. I pulled off the road fast as I could and jumped off the bike. With my bike being lowered and the edge of the highway leaning into a ditch, as I jumped off, my bike fell over onto the other saddle bag. Found the bag in the median, still in one piece, scratched up, but I am still using it today. I was afraid the other bag would be broken from the bike falling on it, but it was ok. I have since replaced the quick release with nuts and bolts.

So, I have dropped the bike on each bag and had 1 of them fly down the highway and I am still using them.

Last month I cut a hole in each bag lid and mounted a 6x9 speaker. With the bags being so big, they are flat enough on the lid to top mount speakers with out any adapters.

customer service was good and they gave me a discount for being a forum member when I asked.
Thanks Grapnel! I was looking at the Fat Ass stretched bags. Your experience has helped me decide.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No fitting issues out of the 12 sets I have bought for customers.. If you get them painted already the paint is cheap and sometimes blemished in small spots. Most of the time the paint is good for a few years of hard riding.

1 to 10 on quality they are prob a 7.. I cant justify to anyone to get bags that cost 1000+ ... Buddy has a set of bags and tourpak for 6 years and no issues..
Thanks Deadstroke.. Good info.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts