Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Tour Pack is SOLD

Since I've installed the Razor Tour Pack......it's become apparent that it's not coming off......so I'm listing my Mutazu King Tour Pack for sale. Mutazu says it fits 97-08 but obviously it could fit other years with minor drilling. I've owned it for just about 2 years or so and have NEVER traveled with it. In Fact I'd say it was only on the bike for a couple hundred miles. No chips, scratches or scuffs apparent. Presents like new. It has the chrome latches with two keys.

I originally paid, I think $350 for it. Looking to get $200 plus shipping. Tour Pack is SOLD

Keep in mind.......it'll take a BIG box and I will wrap it REALLY well to protect it so I'd imagine shipping will run $40 -$50 depending on where it's going.

Disclaimer: The wrap around back rest has a broken rubber isolated mount on one side (brake lever side).....while it's functional as is......you can pull the one side out about an inch (and then it goes back when released). It's still attached on multiple other points but it needs to be mentioned. It's also dusty from sitting on the tour pack rack in my garage but a quick wash and she'd looks like new.

Here's some pics

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Man that is a steal for $ 200.00
You should be able to move that quickly for sure.
Looks like it's in great shape.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
Yup, I got a similar tour pack and just drilled a few new holes in my tour pack mounting plate. Works great.
Good deal on this pack.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, Shipping to New York is $59.00. It's 18lbs and a BIG box to accommodate this thing with plenty of protective padding. The box is 14 x 23 x 36. It's a bigun.

Also while taking the backrest off so that it would fit into a box, I took a closer look and it's NOT the rubber isolator that is the issue. The threads where the isolator bolts into the backrest on the right side are gone. I don't remember if it was a nutcert or what...but I think it got pushed in. Should be a easy fix for the right person. The back rest is otherwise in brand new condition. Here's a couple pics

Good side

Bad side showing hole where bolt goes with no thread insert

overall backside

One big ass box

Reactions: reds4

·
Registered
203 Posts
TurboChris - did you go with a Matuzu Razor pack? If so, can you send me pics of the front of the lid on either side of the backrest. Last time I looked, they had two dimples on either side for mounting a fullsize wrap around backrest and that is why I haven't purchased yet.

I also have one of those rubber isolators if that is what is needed for the tour pack backrest - I will have to check. Free, just cover shipping if I have it.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
TurboChris - did you go with a Matuzu Razor pack? If so, can you send me pics of the front of the lid on either side of the backrest. Last time I looked, they had two dimples on either side for mounting a fullsize wrap around backrest and that is why I haven't purchased yet.

I also have one of those rubber isolators if that is what is needed for the tour pack backrest - I will have to check. Free, just cover shipping if I have it.
I have the premium razor pak from them and yes you can mount a full wrap if you choose. As far as a dimple, I don't see a dimple.
The Razor is made well and if you purchase the premium razor you will dig it. On the throttle side there are two rivets for the cable for the lid.
You can see them on the first picture. I will drop some black paint on those soon.

TC
That is a steal for $200.00 plus shipping

Swomack

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have the premium razor pak from them and yes you can mount a full wrap if you choose. As far as a dimple, I don't see a dimple.
The Razor is made well and if you purchase the premium razor you will dig it. On the throttle side there are two rivets for the cable for the lid.
You can see them on the first picture. I will drop some black paint on those soon.

TC

Swomack
So outside of the two rivets on the throttle side, there are no dimples under those or corresponding dimples on the other side. I looked at the Mutazu tour packs previously and you could clearly see these. I called and they said they were so holes could be drilled for the wrap around back rest. I didn't want the dimples so I haven't purchased to this point.

If you look at this picture Mutazu Razor Premium Tour Pak Chopped Backrest for Harley Touring Bagger | eBay, Zoom in (or hoover over the picture and you can clearly see the dimples I am referencing.

ALSO, your bike is a 2016 - any issues with the saddlebag lids opening? Did you have to space the tour pack up? What mount did you use - 2014 and later or 2009 - 2013?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

I have a spare isolator as well....thanks! The razor I have on the bike now is NOT a Mutazu. But FWIW, there are NO guides or dimples that are not covered by my chopped back rest.

Tour Pac is SOLD

TC

Swomack
Thanks Bro!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts