Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure the last thing anyone on the forum really needs is another blog about someone's journey to Shark Week, but in what may be a surprise to most, we actually have a few friends outside of roadglide.org so we are doing this for them. On the off chance that someone might want to follow along, feel free to check in on Stray Mutt's and Nutter Mutter's Tour de Corne journal. It'll be almost like being there on the trip (but staying warm and dry!)

We'll post a few of the photos and observations here on the forum, but the hard hitting journalism can be found on the blog:

http://muttnmutter.blogspot.com/

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Today's blog features a blessing from a so called ex-preacher (didn't work) and more rain. And more rain. And more rain.

Things we learned today:

• Carrying a generously proportioned woman on the back of your bike can simultaneously preclude AND provide a soft comfortable backrest.
  • A bike blessing really needs to include a demand that rain be eliminated for the duration of the day's journey.
  • There is no limit to the amount of gear that a touring BMW rider is willing to pack onto his bike.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having escaped the rain, we find that we miss it - sort of. Sun, sweat, and swarms of bugs are a slightly less desirable alternative. Regardless, Shark Week has provided more, uh............interesting material for Mutt and Mutter's observations. A two-day blog post features the special skills of the shark nose rider, among other mullings.

Things we learned these past two days at Shark Week II:
  • We are not running out of corn anytime soon.
  • The overly exaggerated Canadian use of the term "ay?" is in fact NOT overly exaggerated.
  • The human body is physically capable of of sweating out twice the amount of liquids taken in.
  • Chicks dig pipes.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're a little behind on the blog, but there's a small update to the Tour de Corne blog - Day 7, the final day of the rally. More to come as we document the Death Ride back to the West Coast (as soon as the doctors confirm that the intravenous fluids can be discontinued). The Day 7 tale is here

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The final installments have finally been posted on our little blog, Days 8, 9, and 10 - our journey home, which was as harrowing and event filled as anything Hannibal ever experienced.

An excerpt of one of our typical experiences:
"The Gallup, New Mexico Roadway Inn is the kind of place where busts on the TV show Cops take place, where raids occur on a regular basis, where high speed pursuits end, - the only difference being that we still had our shirts on. To say that this place is a flea bag is to say that Jerry Sandusky has a slight image problem. The cars in the parking lot looked like the hand-me-downs from a demolition derby."

Click here: http://muttnmutter.blogspot.com/

Spoiler Alert: (We made it home).

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
"Traveling to Le Claire, Iowa, on a Road Glide, in the worst heat and worst drought in recent history is an awesome experience."

Amen, brother :D

Let's do it again, sometime soon!

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Two Mutts,

It was great to meet you guys in Leclaire..

The blog has kept me laughing, reading about your "adventures". I wish I could write as descriptavely.

Hope to be in Utah in '13 but may have some other obligations to family for the proposed dates.

For the record it is "eh" eh!

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
"Traveling to Le Claire, Iowa, on a Road Glide, in the worst heat and worst drought in recent history is an awesome experience."

Amen, brother :D

Let's do it again, sometime soon!
+1 Amen brothers in glide, road glide, that is.:cool:

·
Shark of the Month July 13
3,145 Posts
Love the Blog, but from what I read about the places you stayed I am a little concerned about you picking the hotel for SWIII :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts