Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2016 Road Glide Ultra and I am going to put the Forbidden FLY bars on with the BungKing 14 inch riser. I have read a million different things about extending wires/cables and I was looking for someone that knows for a fact with a setup like this. Some say "as long as the risers are 15 inches or lower that it is not needed." At the same time I've seen people saying 12 inches are tight. Anyone have a for sure answer?

·
Registered
658 Posts
I install 14” KST bars as a special here at the dealership and I put the 10” extensions on. You could remove the connectors from the bulkhead inside the nacelle and just let them float and not have to do that but I don’t like doing that. There is more than enough room inside the nacelle to hide the little bit of extra.

That being said, what I normally do on talker risers or bars, is where you plug the extension onto the OEM wires, I take the housings off and solder then together so that if that part of the wire were to end inside the riser or barely outside of it, they won’t get stuck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool I appreciate the response man. My bars are on back order but were supposed to be released 10/31. I may have them this week with a little luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone help me with the control clamp half. I have the large one on my bike now. When I replace my bars I can use the smaller one off the earlier bikes, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts