Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, the old saying "Once You Go Shark, You Never Go Back" holds true. When I get a chance, i'll post some of the old build pictures, along with pictures of the fender, and wheels as I was machining them. Currently the bike is lowered 2.5" in the rear, with a 180mm x 18 wheel, and lowered 1" in the front with the 21". this combo gives the bike a trail of 7.70", which is about 1.50" worse trail condition than stock. So this winter, it will get stripped to the bare frame, and I will de-rake the head tube, and make a new set of triple trees. I have it drawn up with a total rake of 27 degrees, and a trail of 4.7", as I am going for a better handling setup akin to other sport touring bikes, such as the triumph, etc.. My Son owns a Powder Coating business, so we will be powdering everything this winter, frame, wheels, engine, etc... I also have the brake rotor blanks, and a 68 tooth pulley to machine to match the wheels.
Roger

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
u one talented dude! nice scoot

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/URL][/IMG]

Winter has settled in, and I finally took my last ride of the season yesterday, so now it's time to tear the bike down for the next phase. I bought this Paul Yaffee Custom Chrome 6gal. stretched tank last spring, but have been a little hesitant to switch out the stock tank. Once I opened the tank and realized that I had to seal the tank, I have been concerned with the prospect of tank sealer breaking down and clogging my fuel injection.

Has anyone had any experiences with these P.Y.O. tanks, and the Kreem fuel tank liner kits, either good or bad?

Roger

·
Super Moderator
12,314 Posts
Wow, good looking bike going to be even better, I'm surprised I missed this thread. You might want to check www.choppedbaggers.com several guys over there with custom tanks will tell you what works and how to do it.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 07 breakdown

Ok, so I have started tearing down for this winter's mods, and thought that I would break down what I have done to the glide so far:

F.B.I. wide rear fender kit with L.E.D.'s and recessed license plate
Saddlemen Explorer Special seat, w/ riders backrest
180mm rear wheel conversion
10.5" Burly Slammer rear shocks
Designed and machined "One Off" 21" front and 18" rear set of wheels
Designed and machined "One Off" Klock Werks 21" Softtail fender blank and fender adaptors
Avon Cobra tires
Klock Werks 12" flare windshield
Black Ballistic Relaxer bars
Pioneer blue tooth enabled stereo
Hog Tunes speakers
Biketronics universal install kit
1" progressive front fork drop
Arlen Ness Hot Legs
P.Y.O. Yafterburner fork sliders
P.Y.O. Scoowl headlight bezel
Braided Stainless Brake Lines
Yaffee Lower Inner Fairing support
R & B Racing LSR1, 2 into 1 exhaust
Vance & Hines breather
TTS Mastertune tuner
Ultimate Baggers 3-hole chin spoiler
Streamliner boards, pegs, pedals, etc..

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looking forward to seeing this. Very cool!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To Do List

Here is a partial list of this winter's proposed changes:

Glide-Pro Stabilization System
Bagger-Brace
De-Rake headtube, and further lower front end
machine new triple trees for sport-touring rake and trail
300mm progressive rear shocks
machine 310mm wave style 2-piece matching rotors
machine signal filler plates
Radial mount Calipers
machine 68 tooth matching pulley
P.Y.O Stretch Tank
P.Y.O. Windshield trim w/L.E.D. turn signals
Have Saddlemen seat trimmed to fit tank
2010 Swingarm, to allow for 200mm wheel
machine a 17"x 200mm rear wheel
machine a 23" front wheel
machine new 23" hugger fender and adaptors
machine a set of forward controls
Trask hidden inner fairing mount
Powder Coat Engine, Transmission, Wheels, Frame, etc..
New paint scheme for bike

What I have yet to decide is whether to use the Inverted Forks that I have in the garage, when I build the new front end, or to just continue using the traditional style front end.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've ordered the parts to convert my '08 Street Glide into a shark. I'm really interested in your rear wheel conversion or the install of the 2010 swing arm. I want to do a 180 rear on my bike, but I'm no machinist, mechanic yes, machinist no. I'll be following this to see the outcome!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Should be posting some details for the swing arm installation soon. I ordered all of the swing arm pivot components for a 2014 this weekend. The bushings and shaft from the 2014 appear to have been improved over the 2007, and 2010 designs, so once the parts arrive, I will see what extra machining, etc.. will be needed.

Roger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts