Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while the website described exactly how they measure their bars i didn't really know or understand until i put the bars on today. the bars feel like 10 inch bars and i feel disappointed. they are advertised as 12's and they are 12 inch in the way they are measured but they are measured from the bottom of the cross bar to the top of the handle. to me these are everyone else's 10 inch bars. i feel like i wasted time and money.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What brand bars are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Vindikta is a great company and they make great bars. I’m running Vindikta Marauders on my ‘17.

However, they do measure differently than most other manufacturers. They’re the only ones I know of who measure from the bottom of the crosstube to the grips. So, comparatively, they’re 1.5” shorter than other bars marketed at the same height.

That being said, call Joe. He’ll work with you to get you what you want. He’s pretty great about swapping out bars to make sure you’re happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
648 Posts
Vindikta is a great company and they make great bars. I’m running Vindikta Marauders on my ‘17.

However, they do measure differently than most other manufacturers. They’re the only ones I know of who measure from the bottom of the crosstube to the grips. So, comparatively, they’re 1.5” shorter than other bars marketed at the same height.

That being said, call Joe. He’ll work with you to get you what you want. He’s pretty great about swapping out bars to make sure you’re happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will second that. Joe has swapped out a set for me with a very similar case.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i am just gonna ride em out for this season and buy something else next year. they are a touch wide for my taste too so now that i know what to look for i will purchase accordingly.

and the bars are rolled forward against the stop pin already.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Like the old saying goes

If you think you want 10” apes, go 12” apes

If you think you want 12” apes, go 14” apes

And so on

You could always remove them and sell them on this forum

Good Luck

Swomack

Try out different sizes before you buy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Like Swomack Said go higher than you think.Had 12in.Yaffe Monkey Bars on my prior SG wish I had went with 14s,So on my new RGS went with 14 in.Yaffe oem Monkey Bars Like them a lot.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Like the old saying goes

If you think you want 10” apes, go 12” apes

If you think you want 12” apes, go 14” apes

And so on

You could always remove them and sell them on this forum

Good Luck

Swomack
And even then it'll be wrong. Try again. My softail I went through 4 sets of bars before I was happy how they felt. But they "looked" too tall for short stuff me. Got 2in taller risers and 2in shorter bars. Finally just right. I'm not going through that on this bike.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Gots an idea....unless you love your seat (if its stock, I am sure thats not the case) maybe try swapping your seat out to something lower and further back - A lot easier to swaps seats than bars

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gots an idea....unless you love your seat (if its stock, I am sure thats not the case) maybe try swapping your seat out to something lower and further back - A lot easier to swaps seats than bars
i have a harley sidekick seat, very similar to a badlander. it's pretty far back and down as it is.

·
Registered
359 Posts
while the website described exactly how they measure their bars i didn't really know or understand until i put the bars on today. the bars feel like 10 inch bars and i feel disappointed. they are advertised as 12's and they are 12 inch in the way they are measured but they are measured from the bottom of the cross bar to the top of the handle. to me these are everyone else's 10 inch bars. i feel like i wasted time and money.

Traditionally bars are measured from the bottom of the crossbar to the bottom of grip location

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Pull that pin out. A pair of vice grips and the correct combination of cuss words (check the manual) it'll pull out.

I feel your pain I have an extra set of bars as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts