- D&D Fat Cat 2:1
- SE Chisel AC

130HP and 140fpt - Love the 130tq at 3K RPM

This god damn thing is a riot

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Eddie as much I like the 103 will say save your money till 2018 for the after market develop parts for the M8 see like can put serious numbers with just stage 1. Mean time ride yours and enjoy the reliability of a 700 miles touring day after day on a cross country trip. Unless chasing stop lights >:)

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eddie as much I like the 103 will say save your money till 2018 for the after market develop parts for the M8 see like can put serious numbers with just stage 1. Mean time ride yours and enjoy the reliability of a 700 miles touring day after day on a cross country trip. Unless chasing stop lights >:)
I am sticking with this bike for a while man - It is just too deab balls on when it comes to the build and tune to try and chase anything else - Not to mention all the other goodies that came on it - I'll prob do Susp over the winter and maybe upgrade the amps a bit as that FatCat makes music listening a bit tough

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks like it would be a hoot to ride, hope you enjoy it.
It is Bro - The only thing I can think of that comes close is a Ducati 999s I had years ago with the Fact Race Tune and Termi Exhaust tuned by a shop that was out if Milwaukee called Corse Superbikes - I compare this build to that Duc in terms of Throttle response and power EVERYWHERE - This thing weighs as much as (2) Ducs but it runs amazing

·
Registered
927 Posts
Eddie, that's one bad ass bike both in the looks and performance man, and I'm happy for ya. Was there any mention of work done to the crank? It's been called Harley's Achilles heel for a reason, and one I've personally experienced. Hate raining on your parade man, cause I'm marching in it right there with you. If that crank is standard stock Harley fare, and that beast is pumping out that kind of hp and torque, it might be a consideration for your next project.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eddie, that's one bad ass bike both in the looks and performance man, and I'm happy for ya. Was there any mention of work done to the crank? It's been called Harley's Achilles heel for a reason, and one I've personally experienced. Hate raining on your parade man, cause I'm marching in it right there with you. If that crank is standard stock Harley fare, and that beast is pumping out that kind of hp and torque, it might be a consideration for your next project.
That I do not now but I will inquire for sure - Thx for the heads up Brotha man - Greatly appreciated

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Spoke with the cat who built the motor and he said stock crank but will be fine - Said he has done this build 8 times now (2 on the previous owners bikes, my RGS and his current SGS) and never had one come back with a problem

I am going to look into this more thou - Thx Man

***EDIT*** - After all the reading I just did, I came to the conclusion that it is a crap shoot and REALLY comes down to how hard you beat on the thing - Burn Outs, Wheelies, etc etc - I am really not a red light racer and don't bounce off rev limiters......I like the 3rd and 4th gear rolls and just disappearing from the pack

I read many a "anything over 120hp needs an upgrade" to "I am pushing 135hp on a stock crank with 50K miles and no issues" so not sure which way to lean but it is something I am keeping in mind

·
Administrator
10,497 Posts
You got it figgered , as long as you don't beat the piss out of it , it will probably be fine , if ya beat the piss out of it , any of them will break ..

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got it figgered , as long as you don't beat the piss out of it , it will probably be fine , if ya beat the piss out of it , any of them will break ..
Yep - I am past all that "look at me" crap and enjoy blending n the background vs standing out in a crowd - The sled looks like a sleeper but when I twist it, se asleep no mo

·
Registered
612 Posts
Damn Eddie that should be a blast. Just don't holeshot the bitch and you will be fine we ran a bunch of stock cranks at 120 plus for years. Only ones that scissored the crank were ones we brought to the track and beat the balls off of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Man that beast sounds like a lot of fun, Eddie! Best of luck and I too, "think" you will be fine as long as you stay away from those burnouts....LOL
I am with you on those 3rd and 4th gear pulls:grin:

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thx Guys - Still learning this Trans & Clutch (put over 500 miles on it this week too) and the whole take off thing as that 1st gear is ALLLLLLLLLLLL grunt and runs out quick - Rode with a buddy yesterday who has an '09 Fatbob CVO all dialed in.........and he was not happy staring at my tail lights all day - After our first "go about" he pulled up to me at the next stop and with a very straight face and dark tone said, "You're an asshole"............then he smiled and said "Bike Swap?" >:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts