Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a 1998 EVO EFI GLIDE, 57,000 miles, vivid black (not my first choice). It came to me with a smashed up front end, after inspection it looked like the frame and neck received no damage. I had planned on fixing it myself, but after talking with a local shop they said I really should have the frame and neck checked out a little better than just a quick visual. So I dropped it off and they replaced the front tubes, axle, bearings and seals. I had them install progressive 2" lowering springs. And he had a good stock front fender from a big wheel conversion. It's got a little dent but way better than what I had.
They put it on the table and checked the frame and neck out and gave it the thumbs up. Also added stock size Dunlaps front and rear as the old ones were junk. I have only put a 100 or so miles on it and am now getting ready for a few more mods.

First up will be the rear shocks, the stock ones are done at 56k. And with me having a 30" I seam I would like to lower the rear a bit. Still on the fence if I am going to do the Monroe air shocks and pump that seams so popular or if I am going to do the Burly Brand slammer 10.5 shocks. I won't be riding two up, and I weigh about 185. I do ride a little in the city but 75% of my riding will be out on the freeway.

Second up will be the sterio, it has the stock cassette tape with a Led Zeppelin tape stuck in it. I would really like to keep the factory bar controls and be able to stream off my phone. Also would like to replace the facotory speakers as one is blown and they just suck. Any suggestions ?

Then someday I would like to have it repaited, not sure on the color yet, but not back. Thinking pearl white or a ruby red with a small amout of flake.

This is my first big HD, it's fun, but man is it heavy and slow.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running great, swapped all the fluids and a new set of plugs.
Need to replace the rear shocks now, as one of the stock ones leaks.

Also want to replace the bars with something about 1-2 inches taller than the stock ones and would prefer black

1 - 4 of 4 Posts