Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Ozarks of Arkansas. This was my wife's first road trip ever. Rode 320 miles first day.... about 150 per day for 5 days and 420 miles home. My wife loved it. Bike loved it. Bike ran 55-65 mph thru the hills and twisties...no problem. Ran 75-80 mph, and it wanted more, on the super slabs, loaded to about 1380 lbs. 880 lbs bike (fully dressed RGC), 240 lbs my fatass, 180 lbs my little lady, 80 lbs gear. Bike temp never exceeded 200 degrees. No oil used after 22k miles. 100 miles in the rain, with no problem.

Stock bars do not suck. I actually likem. Perfect for my height..5'11. Baggershield did a great job for me and the wife.

One negative-----highway 69 in Oklahoma, south of I40, beat the hell out of us. I thought my stock shocks were decent until this friggin stretch of road. My wife asked if there was anything that could be done to improve the ride.....fast thinker that I am, I said we could get some Ohlin shocks because I had read some good reviews on them. She asked how much they cost... I said about $900..........Then she said Santa will bring me some for Christmas! I love this woman.....My sweetheart of 45 years. Married when we were both 18.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Best way to get parts without complaints is to have them experience it for themselves. I wish I was home so I could take mine on a ride down a dark lonely road. Maybe even tie it in with Halloween :D I'd get the daymakers no problem then! ;) Congrats on your trip and your awesome story.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Good story, congrats on the shocks, I'd like some of those too.

I see you have a hammock with adjustable back rest. I tried to put a demo on and couldn't get it to fit over the back rest receiver, is there a trick to it?​

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good story, congrats on the shocks, I'd like some of those too.

I see you have a hammock with adjustable back rest. I tried to put a demo on and couldn't get it to fit over the back rest receiver, is there a trick to it?​
yes there is a trick.... bend the seat slightly at the front... come down at the front while holding the rear up and hook the front catch first...then slide backwards over screw on fender. viola.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Love the Hammock heated seat. Did a 2k mile trip through NY, Penn, Virginia, W. Virg, Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan. 39 degrees a couple mornings and the seat was very easy on the backside. Added a drivers backrest this year which made for absolutely painfree riding.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Congrats on a fun trip nothing like riding a shark with the women you love have made trips without boss but not as fun as when she goes which she goes most of the time and Arkansas the best riding gled you guys had a good time

·
Registered
3 Posts
similar story this summer. from NY to sturgis with the boys and then she flew in to Denver. we did the Rocky mountains down to utah and ended up at the north rim of grand canyon. then back in to the Rockies thru Durango and back to sturgis for 3 days. 3 days to get back, 2 of them in the rain. Wife loved the trip and loved camping too (i was shocked). the shocks are of my bike as of yesterday per warranty and i uped to the Harley premiums. i dont have enough riding time to judge but the already feel better. with 55 psi in the shocks the bike was riding fine. 3-4 hours later i was bottoming again. so i had to service them every morning for the entire trip. now i have a shock pump for sale.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts