Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is why I bought the bike, but I can't deny I'm a little nervous my tailbone has been really bothering me last few months and I drive for a living :eek:... Luckily it's not to long Portland, Or. to Baker, Or. Hells Canyon run :)

I am still very excited I mean it is the perfect road bike !

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Where you heading? Give us a few details about the trip and who your doing it with. Some might even say be sure to post pics but that's just them;):rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Well, you can always change or mod the seat to better fit your ass for those long rides

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I have 3 seats so far and the stock is the best for me so far... And an air hawk the will be making the ride with me.
Does the air hawk really work and does it change the sitting position much?
I'm using Alaskaleather.com Sheepskin Buttpad and it seems to really help for the long rides without changing my sitting position.

·
Registered
113 Posts
IMO the air hawk's are amazing... I used in on my last bike...had a hard corbin seat on it but it was too hard for my liking so I went with the airhawks. It does lift you up a little bit...maybe an inch or so... you only put just a little air in them...

FWIW the stock seat has been great so far...Haven't even used the airhawk... no long rides yet though.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I think you'll be fine, although I'm not familiar with your area, I do spend a lot of time in the saddle on trips, but I just take my time and when I start to feel unbarebly uncomfortable, I just stop. I usually give myself ample time to get where I need. Where I'm at the sun usually rises at 6:30 and sets around 8. I give myself all that time to get to next destination. I've read good things about the airhawk. Have fun and be safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts